1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

2011 SFNE Park Hours!

Discussion in 'SFNE Discussion' started by jpp858, Nov 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpp858

jpp858

The hours have been posted!!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sixflags.com/newEngland/info/parkInfo.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sixflags.com/newEngland/info/parkInfo.aspx</a>
  2. djcyberlegend

djcyberlegend Forum Leader

Those have been posted for quite a while, the water park hours still haven't been posted.
  3. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

Yea its too early for them to be posting the Hours because you know they will change by the time the park opens like they do every year!
  4. coast4airtime

coast4airtime

It seems that the park is closing for the year earlier each year. On the other hand, THE PARK IS OPENING ON APRIL 16TH!!!

I think that they could open it on April 9th considering the park opened this year on the 10th.
  5. WiCy#1

WiCy#1 Administrator

As of now, the park only has two days cut from last year. And thats opening weekend. Closing weekend is the same as this year. I don't know why you're mad about that.

The park opening April 16th is perfectly fine with me. Its leading into Spring Break which is HUGE time for SFNE. A lot of people come to SFNE during Spring Break. So having opening weekend, lead into Spring Break will be awesome. Not for us though. Every day is going to be PACKED.
  6. screaminkid2005

screaminkid2005

Yea but once it goes back to weekend operation after spring break the park will be ours again, kinda. =]
  7. SixFlagsFunatic

SixFlagsFunatic Forum Leader

Actually, as it stands now, park hours have not been cut to earlier than last year.
    The park for 2011 is proposing 10pm closing during regular season Fri, Sat, and Sun, which is better than what we had this year.

Also, check out Magic Mountain.. Aside from frightfest, they are only open until 10PM on Saturdays during peak season. . Yeah a park probably 5x larger / busier than hours is closing earlier than we are most of the time. Trust me, if the 2011 hours for SFNE could stand as is, we'd be doing OK.
  8. screaminkid2005

screaminkid2005

That's probably why they are keeping SFMM closing so early, because it is 5x larger then our park and much more expensive to run. I've also heard on a few occasions that people were upset that the park was closing to early and said they were going to complain to Guest Relations. If they ever did I don't know.
  9. mrceagle

mrceagle

SFMM is more like 2.5 to 3 times larger. Though their water park is separate admission and the parks attendance is better then double. there really is no excuse to close at 10. if they wanted to cut time they should be doing it in the morning when the fewest guest are at the park.

Has there been any word on admission prices?
  10. Nick

Nick

I'm just glad to see the park staying open to 10 three days a week instead of just one. I think 10 should be the normal closing time for weekdays in the peak season, but hey I'll take what I can get.
  11. screaminkid2005

screaminkid2005

I'm really happy with the 9pm closings during the week. I honestly thought it was going to be much worse. If the hours stay like this, which I know they won't, but if if they do, I'll be one happy camper! =D
  12. Bizarperman

Bizarperman

It's kind of hard to tell if everyone is mad about the hours or not, but I think they are great. I know a problem with longer hours in the beginning of the season is the staffing for such hours. A lot of the younger kids who work there the most are in school and with labor laws it's really hard to keep longer hours.
  13. screaminkid2005

screaminkid2005

Well they might have me this season so that won't be an issue! =P I wish they just got ride of the 10:30am openings. Does it even make a difference?
  14. Bizarperman

Bizarperman

Won't be an issue for me either! And what would you want instead of 10:30?
  15. screaminkid2005

screaminkid2005

10. Does cutting the parks hours by a half hour even do anything. I could see maybe 11, but 10:30 just seems eh.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.