1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

2015 Speculation

Discussion in 'SFNE Future Discussion' started by WiCy#1, Aug 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex

Alex

I wonder what that means... :rolleyes:

Could we see a Bizarro --> Superman transformation next year?
  2. dschu

dschu

I had to ask about bizaro merchandise when I was Ther. Plenty of superman tho.
  3. WiCy#1

WiCy#1 Administrator

That was like that last year.
  4. dschu

dschu

This new mobile layout is cool but weird to get used to.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. WiCy#1

WiCy#1 Administrator

Wait until you see it when you get on your computer.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. DylanBIZARRO

DylanBIZARRO Forum Leader

Thats something to think about. What if Cyclone will just get a slight renovation and the main thing for next year is the Bizarro to SROS transformation?
    • Like Like x 1
  7. WiCy#1

WiCy#1 Administrator

I honestly wouldn't expect to see Superman until 2016 at the earliest.
    --- Double Post Merged, Original Post Date: May 24, 2014 ---
    Here's another picture from Dennis. This is on the lift hill. Dennis also said "...At the top of he lift hill, to my left on the walkway, I could see the orange marker with a number 9. And parallel with that is two more orange markers. All parallel to the lift hill. Maybe the lift hill is being moved to the left 20 or 30 feet??"

That sounds interesting. When I was there I noticed most of the markers were around the lift hill area. Maybe this means they are going with the SFGAm Goliath-style, steel support lift hill.

10390261_10152598415158973_9015235549420603842_n.jpg
  8. DylanBIZARRO

DylanBIZARRO Forum Leader

Wow, very interesting... Maybe 230/9 means up 230 FT and move over to marker 9, but I don't know if they're really gonna raise Cyclone 230 FT, but anything is possible.
  9. Goliathguy

Goliathguy

I doubt 230 feet, they will most likely raise it a good 20-30 feet though. The drop will also go down all the way, probably.
  10. WiCy#1

WiCy#1 Administrator

On July 9, 2012, SFFT announced that The Rattler would close on August 5. Then on July 1, 2013, SFMx announced that Medusa would be closing on August 18. Not sure if this is some weird coincidence but the two closing dates were announced on Mondays and then they actual closing dates were on Sundays.

Based off of these trends I think we will see Cyclone's closure announced on July 7. Then I remember the park saying on a few different occasions that they wanted to do something special this year with National Roller Coaster Day. NRCD is August 16. That falls on a Saturday but I do expect ERT on Cyclone that day. I also know that Coaster Crew and I think ACE are having events at the park that day. Could it close on a Saturday? Maybe. Wouldn't make much sense. But if it doesn't close on that Saturday then I'm pretty sure they'll close it on August 17.

August 17 gives them enough time between closing and the announcement (August 28) so that they don't have to worry about getting bombarded with questions about Cyclone. It also gives them an early-ish start to the project. I believe Rattler closed but heavy construction didn't start until around announcement day that year because they wanted to save the "surprise."
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. coast4airtime

coast4airtime

^I like your logistics. Sounds like a reasonable prediction.
  12. koasterkid

koasterkid

I would love to see something taller that Bizarro haha. I doubt it will be 230 but a lift hill that high would look pretty awesome from the bridge with that and NESS. I would expect the height to increase a little but I doubt that much. I hope we find some more hints soon! We need to start decoding the layout :D
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Goliathguy

Goliathguy

Well, if they plan on moving the lift a few feet over like bizarro#1 said, I think it might not be as compact as it is right now. Thats if something gets taken out. Im starting to doubt anything will
  14. DJReady999

DJReady999

Anything I should look for when I go wensday
  15. koasterkid

koasterkid

I think the numbers on the supports are just numbers that have been on the ride. I noticed at the bottom of the lift there was a beam that said three hundred something then went to one. I know Wildcat at Lake Compounce got numbers all over it last year, might be some new regulation or something.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.