1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

2018 Membership Options

Discussion in 'SFNE Discussion' started by Sluggo77, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Sluggo77

Sluggo77

2. koasterkid

koasterkid

Not a fan of this to be honest. I would much rather buy a season pass than a membership and I don’t like that they are pushing memberships instead. Sure the benefits like 2 exit passes a visit and preferred parking are cool, but at over $200/year, you might as well get the season flash pass. They need to lower the prices/offer season passes with the same benefits.

It does sound like they are going the CF route with the bottles though. You get a personalized bottle and it said there is a 20 min cool down between refills and lost bottles can be replaced for a nominal fee. It sounds like these bottles will have a barcode and can be deactivated and replaced if stolen so that is a step in the right direction.
  3. mrceagle

mrceagle

WOW, So no more discounts connected to regular season passes. I really only see this being a good value to people with separate HH parks near them. Since you wouldn't need to buy a separate The pass is similar in costs to a single pass without the group discounts but it jumps up form there without adding much value. looking at the list of benefits the highest passes are really only of value to people in California.
  4. Dr. Gigglez

Dr. Gigglez Administrator Forum Leader

Im starting to feel this is the end of Season Passes to have constant cash flow, while adding perks ! It just made all our gold passes just about worthless !
  5. Wickedjohnny24

Wickedjohnny24

Yes its killed our gold passes but can you upgrade to those memberships and pay those prices or will you pay the prices you have already
  6. Dr. Gigglez

Dr. Gigglez Administrator Forum Leader

I’m sure it will cost extra depending which membership you choose, but it’s a wait and see game from the park as they said they are working on something
  7. SFNEsros

SFNEsros Forum Leader

The benefits are good, if anything I would go for the diamond membership so I can get the closer parking. But I wouldn't get it for both me and my GF I would just get it for me because why do I need two passes with that perk when we always go together and take 1 car. It's the same deal with the Dining pass, I only get it and we split the meal and the only negative to that is agreeing on a meal to get:confused:
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Bizarperman

Bizarperman

This is feeling too stressful. I miss the days when you went down to your local Big Y, bought a paper voucher, and filled out your name on the little squares on the back. Then every opening day you knew you had to wait in line to get a horrible quality photo taken. But the best part was wondering which character was on the pass for the season. It was easy. It was simple. No rules and restrictions.

Now they want to add time limits on drinks. Reservations to park your car. And just too many options and things offered and no real clear explanation.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. tge98

tge98

I feel like this is an awful time to be rolling this out. Considering I bet a good chunk of their pass base has already processed their gold pass from last year. It does seem as though the two diamond levels are really adding a lot of cool extra stuff.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. mrceagle

mrceagle

Good point why buy 2 at that why buy a dinning pass. at %50 off food and drink how long would it take to pay off a dining pass. it's bad enough Place has 3 levels on there season pass.

I didn't renew my pass form last year I didn't have the money at the time but plan to renew. My younger brother also plans to get passes for him and his family. but I don;t need to be getting charged every month for a pass. I want to pay once know it's set and then decide what I can or will do with the money I have available each month.
  11. thrillsnewengland

thrillsnewengland

So gold pass doesn’t have early entry anymore?
  12. depotrat

depotrat

From what I am reading on their website the 2018 Gold Pass still gets early entry. I would guess that this may be the last year for Season Passes. It is looking like they are going to go with the memberships that allow a longer time to pay (monthly charge) but are way more expensive overall than what I paid in October this year to renew my Gold Pass.

SFI has been giving away the gate for about 15 years. Looks like a new strategy to me and not a stupid one. Sucks for us though. LOL
    • Like Like x 1
  13. djcyberlegend

djcyberlegend Forum Leader

Switchng from a season pass to a membership might actually work better for some folks because now they don’t have to shell out a boatload of $$ to renew during the flash sale every year to get the best deal, assuming they actually decide to go that route come next Labor Day weekend...
  14. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

We knew this was happening but i didn't expect it this season.
  15. depotrat

depotrat

It is bizarre that they have introduced this after selling 2018 season passes for almost 6 months. Wouldn't it make more sense to intro this in September for 2019? I also read that you cannot upgrade from SP to membership which makes no damn sense. They know what you paid for your SP - so just apply that to the membership. Nope that makes sense if you intro something like this mid stream. Oops I keep talking about sense and forgetting where we are! LOL