1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

2018 Speculation

Discussion in 'SFNE Future Discussion' started by WickedCoasters, Aug 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. canobie#1

canobie#1

Why are we assuming a rides gonna be removed? The only one I can see going is slingshot, but that's an up charge attraction.

Buzz saw is tucked away in a corner and tomahawk is in a place that a giant discovery wouldn't fit into.
  2. CannonballLover

CannonballLover

Because it's been a trend haha. Two rides gone for one :p
  3. thrillsnewengland

thrillsnewengland

This is really interesting, there are a few places it could go. It will likely be a DC theme, so I'd say near Joker if they want to focus on redoing the south end.
  4. koasterkid

koasterkid

Anyone planning on going to the meeting? I assume they will say where it is going there and any other plans surrounding the addition.
  5. thrillsnewengland

thrillsnewengland

I was wondering the same. If not, do they film it at all? Our town meetings are all filmed and put online.
  6. DylanBIZARRO

DylanBIZARRO Forum Leader

I will probably try to go. I don’t go to many town meeting though so I don’t know if i’ll be aloud to film or anything.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. mrceagle

mrceagle

not sure why you would wan to think of rides that could be removed. Houdini is unique, its the only dark ride in the park, and it's one of the only mad houses in the country. Sure I could see Tomahawk leaving with this addition but not for it. and Why remove Buzz Saw? You can't remove it for the Giant Discovery. you also have to remove the bathrooms, drink stand and a chunk of the queue. Sure you could fit a family flat in there but the park is also short on thrill rides that not a good swap.
    I'm not sure I don't get it either. maybe this poster hats loosing the rides in the south end. Rumors are the south end. Yes sling shop will definitely have to come out but can it fit in that spot without something else leaving. That spot once held Colossus. I think it was Haroun 150 or 180 ft. but since its removal they have added crime wave and a food stand. So the Giant Discovery's 147ft likely won't fit without remover more. that's if it even fits with Joker possibly being in the way
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Bad Post Bad Post x 1
  8. dschu

dschu

I'm not a moderator, but I can barely read this post with the current punctuation and spelling without getting dizzy.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. DJReady999

DJReady999

Eh I was able to read it perfectly fine in my first time looking at it
    • Like Like x 2
  10. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

I plan to be at the town meeting tomorrow and then hitting the park for the awesome laser show, so stay tuned! :)
    • Like Like x 5
  11. thrillsnewengland

thrillsnewengland

See if they will let you take video. If not, maybe ask if they film it and put it online.
  12. Medusa42

Medusa42

Longtime lurker, first time poster. This is my best guess of what SFNE is doing to make the Giant Discovery fit. Buzzsaw gets replaced by the basketball game, Teacups move in front of Batman, and Slingshot moves in front of Joker.
    [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. SFNEsros

SFNEsros Forum Leader

Welcome to the site! I think that pictures possible and hopefully tonight the meeting will have some plans on where its going.
  14. Sluggo77

Sluggo77

I really hope they don't put sling shot there. Joker looks great unblocked and the pathway would start to get really small.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. bubber11

bubber11

If they remove Buzzsaw for a game I would totally die inside. I don't believe they would ever do that
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.