1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

2019 Speculation

Discussion in 'SFNE Future Discussion' started by Chase Hathorne, May 22, 2018.

1. mrceagle

mrceagle

Given many of our additions have been SFGadv additions a year after I wouldn't be surprised.
  2. Wickedjohnny24

Wickedjohnny24

Has anyone seen any markings anywhere jn the park at all? And who thinks we get waterpark and a dry park flat package this year and where is the flats if we get some go? And anyone think dc land will see a new superhero or villion? Join the ranks?
  3. xsarabella

xsarabella

Given the fact that there’s no plans submitted to the town yet, and there’s no markers or anything in the park, I’m pretty confident that 2019 will not see a big attraction. It will probably be a new slide in the water park and maybe some secret projects.

Hurricane Harbor is looking to be in rough shape. It needs a complete overhaul in my opinion.

And... We have been saying this for a few years but I feel like 2019 HAS to be the year of new trains for Superman. Sup will be going into it’s 20th season next year. And it will be TEN years since the Bizarro debacle. Can you believe that?! TEN YEARS ALREADY.

Supposedly WiCy is running like garbage, but I wouldn’t know because security closes the line early & I couldn’t even ride on my birthday.

Let’s not even get into Goliath. I know the maintenance dept does whatever it can, but seriously, a lot of things need major attention in 2019!
  4. Wickedjohnny24

Wickedjohnny24

I totaly agree 2019 is not going to be a big year. But i do see park updates/ upgrades. Yes the waterpark needs a overhaul from food palces to a bigger better changing area or arleast make another chaning area. And the whole area needs to be expanded to allow more people in on busy time. And more themeing to gothem and hoping just hoping another flat in that area and dc land
  5. Chase Hathorne

Chase Hathorne

Superman is in dire need of new trains.... These ones are in absolutely terrible shape. Ride in the back of Superman right now and tell me this ride shouldn’t get new trains. It’s awful and the fact it was even allowed to get to that point is pathetic. And from talking to people who work in the park and what they hear from maintenance.... These trains have become and absolute nightmare to deal with. And if they do get new ones I don’t want the same ones just new. Get lap bars that don’t completely suck and get rid of those stupid looking headrests that just vibrate the entire ride. The state of Superman just completely bugs me at this point and same with WiCy as well.
  6. mrceagle

mrceagle

I get that superman could use a new train but i also look at what the park could fix around the park with the Millions of Dollars new trains would cost.
  7. thrillsnewengland

thrillsnewengland

I can see SFNE as a park that gets a raptor coaster or t rex in a future year. I just don't know where it would go, I would guess where Goliath or GCG is or maybe Flashback. Is there anywhere else it could go?
  8. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

The intamin trains are just too costly they are the most expensive out of all the other companies out there. I think wc only runs great in certain weather because when i rode it in the beginning of the season is it awesome and as the weather got hot it slowed down. I see us getting a new flat and an addition in hh for 2019. The park is celebrating its 150th year in 2019. :)
    • Like Like x 1
  9. mrceagle

mrceagle

If they replace Goliath with it they can give it a unique name and theme it up a bit like Railblazer The Wonder Woman version is a bit bland.

But I really would prefer to sea couple flats over another coaster in that spot.

I do like the idea though of 2019 being a water park addition and some rehab to the water park. but with that idea should they be replacing an older slide tower?
    • Like Like x 1
  10. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

Attached Files:

11. dschu

dschu

I just saw that lol. What in the hell is it?
  12. Wickedjohnny24

Wickedjohnny24

I just did see that myself when i hoogle serched but its NOT our park thats springfield ohio
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2018 at 3:46 AM
  13. mrceagle

mrceagle

Or teh Simpsons are finally getting a proper amusement park.
  14. WiCy#1

WiCy#1 Administrator

It’s been on the website for a while. I’m wondering why people are just discovering now. It was likely used to pitch Kids World to the investors in the Chinese parks.
  15. Medusa42

Medusa42

I found it while I was looking for pages(nodes) to the newly acquired parks. So far, I have only found the pages for Darien Lake, Splashtown, and Frontier City. Wet'N'Wild Phoenix isn't setup yet, and I am thinking it might be completely rebranded to Hurricane Harbor Phoenix. The Springfield page is most likely a test for the China parks, unless Six Flags bought farmland in Springfield, NY and plans to junk Great Escape while moving most of the kids and family rides a bit southwest. LOL

Here is the Flash Sale page for SFNE:
    https://www.sixflags.com/newengland/store/flash-sale-announcement