1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

3 Park Pa Trip Camping Suggestions

Discussion in 'Trip Planning and Meetups' started by MarkIacino, May 8, 2017.

1. MarkIacino

MarkIacino

So I'm currently starting to plan a trip to PA to hit Dorney, Hershey, and Knoebels and need some suggestions for places to camp around the area. I usually try to stay away from traditional campgrounds and like to instead look at reserveamerica.com for some state parks or something that allows camping. I also camp with just my hammock so any out of the way places to camp illegally would work for what im doing. Would set up after the parks close (when its dark) and take down at sunrise.
    Just curious if any of you have any suggestions.

Thanks!
  2. skiburkesurfjay

skiburkesurfjay

Wow. I've camped in a hammock before, but when I take coaster trips it's usually with a camper. We stayed at the Hershey campground. It would be good to consider because when you stay, you also get tickets to the park.
  3. depotrat

depotrat

Some people say camping a Knoebels is popular with folks too because the grounds are right there which makes it easy to go back to the campsite for a break or change of clothes during the day. We do not camp but I see the advantage.
  4. MarkIacino

MarkIacino

Both good options to consider! Thanks guys, I didn't realize Hershey had a campground