A New SFNE Online

Discussion in 'SFNE Online News' started by David, Nov 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David

David Lead Designer Administrator Forum Leader

Hello loyal SFNE Online users-

I'm David Rayahin. I was responsible for the redesign in Spring 2012 which was warmly accepted with a fresh new design, an integrated blog and numerous other features. Today, I present this community with another major shift forward.

If you haven't noticed- there are some changes afoot. A new design and some convenient features are helpful and appreciated, however, some major new changes have been made on the back-end. These include:
    • A new forum system, powered by XenForo Services.
    • Faster browsing speeds around the forums.
    • Improved design which is easier to use and more pleasing to the eye.
    • Better formatting of posts and polls.
    • More features to improve the community aspect;
    • such as reputation and status posts.
    There are so many other features, which will be discovered by the community. However, with this transition, a few things have happened:
    • Some users have lost their avatars. Avatars can easily be replaced in the Profile panel.
    • Some signatures have no carried over. A new signature policy is also being implemented, as the forum will not function properly with oversized signatures. If there is a problem with the formatting of your signature, feel free to PM me.
    There will be some bugs on the way, feel free to keep in touch with site staff, or myself directly, about any problems you may be encountering with the new design.

I'm happy to be designing again for SFNE Online - A great community with opinions and news articles from people you trust.

David Rayahin
    • Like Like x 1
  2. mrceagle

mrceagle

Thanks for the hard work. So far seems like it's going well. Only problem is the new link posted on the old one isn't click-able or a auto redirect. but I found my way.

such as reputation and status posts - I take it this is what the Points are about. I saw it but was unsure what it was about? Maybe you could explain this further.
  3. David

David Lead Designer Administrator Forum Leader

Absolutely! Trophy Points deal with experience, the more experienced the poster, the higher the "trophy points" are! I'm still working out all of the kinks for the reputation system, that should be online soon. Another great new feature is the ability to "like" posts, which will contribute to earning "trophy points."

Thanks for the support!

David
  4. mrceagle

mrceagle

Sounds great. I do like the idea of the like button.
    • Like Like x 4
  5. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

Outstanding job with the new forums David, once again you out did yourself. Both you and Zack have done great work for the site and i thank you both along with all the members of the site. I would also like to thank Josh and Larry for all their hard work on putting together the Grove shows. All of you are what makes this site fun and a place to meet new friends and most of all great info on SFNE and other parks in new england.:)
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Michael J. Gallant

Michael J. Gallant

Had To find new new location on Google but new site is better.

Attached Files:

7. Mr Scary

Mr Scary

trophy points and the "like" function are great features. I like the new look. Nice job
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.