1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Busch Gardens Williamsburg

Discussion in 'Worldwide Park Discussions' started by sfnecoolkid, Mar 19, 2016.

1. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

2. tge98

tge98

Invadr testing
    • Like Like x 2
  3. SROS Master

SROS Master

Nice video. Looks fun, but kind of a let down compare to everything else the park has.

Maybe its more thrilling when riding it for real.
  4. tge98

tge98

Some of those pops of airtime look really fun. Should be good for the park
    • Like Like x 1
  5. mrceagle

mrceagle

It's a medium sized coaster. It fills a gap between the bigger coasters you're mentioning and a step up form the Grover coaster. They took a small space and put in a highly marketable attraction. This coaster makes me want to go much more then the last addition.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. SROS Master

SROS Master

Interesting. I don’t remember what the Grover coaster was.

I’m sure alot of woodie lovers and die harded enthusiasts will love this ride.
  7. mrceagle

mrceagle

The Grover coaster is a nicely themed Kiddie/family coaster. It's a Zierer force coaster. It's part of that small Sesame Street area that has Sesame Street themed kids versions of other rides in the park. The Grover coasters is loosely themed from Alpingiest. It's fairly mild but still big enough for adults. Invader would be the next step before jumping up to Verbolton which is a bit step form Groveer. Then you have the big boys.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

Invadr is now open and More reports will be coming today.
    --- Double Post Merged, Original Post Date: Apr 7, 2017 ---
    --- Double Post Merged ---
    Heres the video of the presentation for the ride at media day today.

9. canobie#1

canobie#1

This is a perfect addition for the park! Looks awesome!!!
  10. mrceagle

mrceagle

I am so pumped for this addition. Doubt it will be this year but I really need to get back to BGW.
  11. depotrat

depotrat

Screamscape is reporting that Dar Kastle has been closed for the Halloween season, will be closed for their Christmas event and may never open again! I think that is quite a mistake!! I know the maint $ must be tough but top notch dark rides are what sets a park apart from others. That is why JL was such a giant step forward for SFI. If Busch does this it is a giant step backwards. We rode Dar Kastle last year for the first time in many years and really enjoyed it. Sure the graphics could use some modernization but even the current is worth riding. I hope they change their mind on this.
  12. CannonballLover

CannonballLover

It really seems like the chain is struggling at this point. What a shame.
  13. tge98

tge98

I think the Busch Parks will be fine... However, I hope SeaWorld dumps them off to another company soon because that chain is going down the drain. Busch is much much less dependent on animals than seaworld, so phasing the animals in captivity out shouldn't be as big of a deal for busch as it will be for the Seaworld parks.
  14. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

^^^i thought it was an awesome dark ride when i rode it a few years ago and it always had a line.
  15. mrceagle

mrceagle

I agree,While I have not ridden the ride it's an attraction much more connected to high end theme parks. were as the rest of the rides are basically well themed off the shelf attractions. They would be better off looking to other options to cut costs.
    What good would that do? Honestly, Selling off 2 parks and 2 water parks will do nothing for the company expect give them some money to work with. When SFI was struggling they thought about selling SFMM but never did but selling the bush parks would be like SFI selling SFMM and SFGAdv. Or in CF's case selling off CP and Knott's. you will not save a company by selling off your biggest money makers in fact that would put them in a even worse position. any sale should be as a whole. let the next owners make the call on how to handle seaworld. The company is already doing more to take the focus off the animals and more non rides and it looking to build a second Sesame Place. Seaworld has shifted away form Shamu for their kid area and over to Sesame street. Sea world needs to lower prices and take a page out of their own book in SFT and up sell hands on experiences. I know they do some but there were they ware most likely to make their money.