1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Busch Gardens Williamsburg

Discussion in 'Worldwide Park Discussions' started by sfnecoolkid, Mar 19, 2016.

1. depotrat

depotrat

^I think his point was that they are using the profits from the Busch Parks to prop up the failing SeaWorld parks. His hope was if they sold the Busch parks those parks could function better without the cash drain. As you point out they will not do that because they need those two to prop up the others so we have what we have as much as we would like the Busch parks to not be hooked up with SeaWorld it ain't changing any time soon.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. tge98

tge98

Yeah I was just saying, I thought I read somewhere that merlin was close to buying busch this past summer.
  3. mrceagle

mrceagle

There were rumors of selling off just the bush parks. Merlin Form what I hear would go for the whole company which they already own like 45% of anyways. There are a few other interested parties and Many of the chains looking to possibly buy already operate marine parks.
  4. depotrat

depotrat

Selling what are now probably the two more profitable pieces of the business makes little business sense, so I would be surprised to see that. Selling the whole mess in one swoop I could see, but the price probably would not be what they would want. Blackfish has really impacted the value of SeaWorld properties. Even if it was one-sided, it sent a message that people are now willing to listen to and enough people refuse to go to SeaWorld that they have felt it and the value has dropped. And now we may get a Dar Kastle closure. I really did not see that coming when Blackfish came out. I didn't see Barnum & Bailey closing either. Guess I am just a dinosaur that underestimated the effect of the current climate of animal rights. I sure get it now. This would be a great business school case study.
  5. mrceagle

mrceagle

Sadly it seems to many are so eager to get behind something they jump on the bandwagon knowing little to nothing beyond what they were told by one or two sources.Sadly they handled it wrong from the first place but it didn't help they Mainstream media jumped on the bandwagon as well since it showed over and over again on CNN.

There is still value there they just need to get better at promoting what they do wright. they will never be able to make Peta and animal rights groups happy. even if they got rid of all the animals they are not safe. these are the same nuts that went after Disney's Jungle cruse because they shot blanks at the animatronic Hippos.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. depotrat

depotrat

^I have no love for PETA but I am amazed how semi-nutcases have been able to impact mainstream business in the USA. What they have accomplished as I detailed above is well beyond what I thought was possible. Clearly SeaWorld and Barnum thought as I did and they are now paying a very steep price. If either had gotten out in front of the criticism, their business prospects could have been very different. I watched it happening and never thought it would get to this or really impact me.

Certainly the personal impact is minimal, but as I posted in the beginning - sad to see Busch struggling.
  7. mrceagle

mrceagle

It is sad to it is Sad to see. I Saw issues with some of the management for awhile and the company as a whole really never took foot after Inbev sold the parks portion of the Busch company.