1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Canobie Lake Park discussion

Discussion in 'New England Parks Discussion' started by mrceagle, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Equinox

Equinox

More markers. Hmm...

I covered seeing markers around Corkscrew in one of my TR's a few years ago, and I even heard what the possible addition could be from a friend of mine, but after the markers disappeared last year I honestly thought nothing would come of it. To a certain extent I still do, and these markers could be for anything, but I'll definitely be keeping tabs on this just in case...
  2. AMagicProd.

AMagicProd.

We're a little under the halfway point of the summer season... any word on a new ride, or will this be another year without adding a new attraction.
    Also I will be traveling up north for October and was wondering if Xtreme Frisbee was up and running. To be honest, I don't want to visit without it operating (like last fall when I went).
    Thanks.
  3. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

I saw this great deal on a can of Pepsi.

[​IMG]
  4. CannonballLover

CannonballLover

Frisbee is off the website and off the closed rides list when you arrive. They also no longer light it up at night and there's a cloth covering the actual frisbee. I don't expect it to operate for a long time, if ever again.

Any word on the organ? Can someone please check in on this? Thank you!
  5. AMagicProd.

AMagicProd.

Wow that's crazy if Canobie just abandons (arguably the most popular ride in the park).
    But if they are going to get rid of it, they should really move their feet so we can something new in there as soon as possible.
    And just an observation, but it looks like Canobie has been having bad luck with flat rides lately, first equinox, now frisbee...
    • Like Like x 1
  6. mrceagle

mrceagle

I've had me ears to the rail but so far nothing. The article said July and you figure any new ride would be on site or any work that needs to be done would be started. but nothing. Still no work on Frisbee either.
    It's a good deal if you can get 3 people together. It's basically a bit over $8 dollar off per ticket. There are also discount tickets available for $5.00 off Monday -Thursday.
    True. One possible mistake is buying both of these rids used. and sadly both rides are not very well supported by their manufacturers. makes keeping theme up very difficult.
  7. CannonballLover

CannonballLover

[​IMG]
    1.) No Limits??
    2.) That's a make over of the original Cyclone from SFNE entrance :D
    • Like Like x 2
  8. mrceagle

mrceagle

It could be a photo with it's color selection limited to print better. Nice shirt though. now if Canobie could jut lower the prices on their shirts. I shouldn't see shirts at SFNE and go wow that's cheap because they are $8.00 bucks cheaper then the ones at Canobie.
  9. CanobieCoaster

CanobieCoaster

The markers by Corkscrew/Castaway Island have already been discussed, but I noticed Matterhorn/Equinox's old pad had a construction fence up last night and a sign saying something was coming. I couldn't see over the fence, but maybe something is coming this year. I'd love to see some sort of thrilling flat there with Frisbee down. The latter had a tarp over the vehicle so I can't see it opening anytime soon.

Talking about the markers by Corkscrew/Castaway Island, I have a hunch Canobie may be aiming for a water park. They are the largest park in the area without one and since they haven't added anything in quite some time, they should have a decent chunk of change saved up. I could see them going the Quassy route and slowly adding slide towers. Both parks would have started with just one of those aqua play structures.
  10. mrceagle

mrceagle

The news reports were talking about a flat and the old Equinox/Matterhorn spot is begging to be filled. it will be good to see something in that space again.

They should do something. castaway doesn't have enough capacity on busy days and 1-2 slide towers with 4-6 slides each would add a lot of capacity.
  11. ec_coasters

ec_coasters

That fence near equinox has been there for a long time
  12. Equinox

Equinox

There's around an acre or so of land right next door to Castaway and Corkscrew by the train's turnaround. It baffles me that they haven't opted to use that space as an addition to the waterpark. Castaway is nice, but they desperately need some slides for the older crowds.
  13. mrceagle

mrceagle

An acres sound about right. Which is why I think it can hold the 2 towers. I think they also need a small spray ground, something smaller kids can use. this would split the age groups a bit and keep older kids form bumping into smaller ones.