1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Canobie Lake Park discussion

Discussion in 'New England Parks Discussion' started by mrceagle, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Dr. Gigglez

Dr. Gigglez Administrator Forum Leader

I always end up there when it’s busy lmfao. No matter what days I pick ! I do like Canobie though. I love it at night, it really is beautiful !
  2. mrceagle

mrceagle

Sounds like out had a great day. My parents brought my niece yesterday as commented on the light crowds. strange crowds were light they went because it was senior day and they could get in free. My niece road corkscrew Frisbee and Untamed for the first time. She then went back to the park again today with her school.
  3. skiburkesurfjay

skiburkesurfjay

I didn't really see the park on Sunday but it wasn't too crowded. Saturday was definitely busier. I was there today and there were a lot of school groups there compared to last week.
  4. canobie#1

canobie#1

Sunday was surprisingly dead for the park. If you wanna hit canobie on a quiet day nows the time to do so!
    • Like Like x 1
  5. mrceagle

mrceagle

My niece was there on Monday as well. Mid Jun is generally the time they go. But one summer hits and you have the shows and fireworks. the park will be much busier.
  6. CannonballLover

CannonballLover

Went again yesterday, and the lines were definitely longer, with a lot of school groups coming in. Yankee Cannonball is really starting to turn into its old self again, slowly but surely.
  7. CanobieCoaster

CanobieCoaster

^ Excellent news! I'll have to stop by one day after work.

I'll have to decide if I'd rather a less busy day midweek with one less hour or go on a 10 pm close Friday with larger crowds.
  8. mrceagle

mrceagle

if you can manage less lines you will make out better. Sure you get an extra hour Friday but you'll likely spend that waiting.
  9. Wickedjohnny24

Wickedjohnny24

Was at the park today was crazy packed with schools. But anywho yankee cannonball ran great and the ops worked fast on getting trains out quick. I love ice jet omg i wish sfne did kontikis program like it or just got a new updated version like ice jet. I like the new train loop sad its shorter but like it better. I also spoke with multiple park personel and from their mouths they all said the same thing about the the new waterpark opening they are pushing for the july 4th time frame. That being said i can say they have a ton still to go. But the slide complex was already done but nownther were working more towards the right side and front of the lazy river area and the crews were working right up til 6/630 tonight with concrete work and framing stuff i took a couple of pics and sorry not the best but this is what i saw. 4A1A11DC-DAFB-4D73-8215-CB3522981D49.jpeg 4CBE61D5-1A6E-4668-99B6-AB6D2398C6CB.jpeg
  10. canobie#1

canobie#1

Very happy to report that the giant Hercules pin ball machine has been fully restored and is back in the canobie mall, operational!!
  11. mrceagle

mrceagle

Awsome news about the pinball machine.

Also nice photos of the water park. It really is wonderfully themed. I'm also very happy they got ICE Jets
  12. Wickedjohnny24

Wickedjohnny24

The water park will look great when done cant wait to go see it finished. I did see a area next to the sky ride roped off and survayed for maybe a small ride move or add There. Also if conobie wants to make a splash they should get a raptor they can make it fit the specs the town says and also give you a great ride. That beung said the area it can go in is down by the pirite ship and the log flume and they can fit it in the middle there. Also the mine ride seriously need updates badd i got bored on it quick
  13. mrceagle

mrceagle

The expansion is looking great.

A raptor would be a great addition though I don't see them taking out the stage and all those trees for it. Not really their sort of move. Now taking over Timberpslash I could see that. Not sure if it could fit where the old trail loop is. The rides lower rapacity would also be less of a concern. Only thing for me is its a short coaster with a steep drop and they already have untamed.

I visted Yesterday and the mine did get some work Audio wise and lighting since opening day. I agree it needs a rehab. though I like the theme and story line. I would love to see them replace their broken animatronics and update a few areas That have become dated or have issues like the water fall gag. Strangely, I rode it twice, the Rock wall door worked in the morning and was stuck open in the afternoon.
  14. CanobieCoaster

CanobieCoaster

The water slides look complete but it looks like the lazy river still needs work. The area looks great tbough. I love the octopus atop the tower.

Attached Files:

15. skiburkesurfjay

skiburkesurfjay

Are you at the park today? You should come visit me in the International Food Plaza!