1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Canobie Lake Park - Screamfest 2017

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Dr. Gigglez, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Dr. Gigglez

Dr. Gigglez Administrator Forum Leader

I am going to post a link to the video I made from Screamfest Saturday night! Basically a trip report with some neat things that I did enjoy with Screamfest ! A big issue I had was the Congo line going thru the Haunts which really ruined Screamfest Haunts for me, while the indoor haunts are themed very well with awesome props, I just couldn't get into it like the die hards that think Screamfest is amazing !

I honestly think if they space out people better, it would be a different story.

Characters , make up and props in haunts in park are great, but Haunt Lines is the weakness that prevents Screamfest being a top notch haunted attraction IMO !

Hoping they can fix the pacing ISSUE and then we can talk about where it sits in the top attractions list in New England !

What i did think was worth the money was the VIP bracelet because it also gets you access to free photos taken in the park that is scared to your bracelet and email ! The parade while neat and cool was too short, i hope they can expand that and the dance party with the Monsters was awesome, The tribute bands were great. Ride lines for once wasn't too bad, i rode what I wanted and was able to do the haunts and see the shows!

2. skiburkesurfjay

skiburkesurfjay

I think the cause for the long haunt lines and the congestion of people is that this was on the busiest day of screeemfest, and possibly the whole season. They usually space people out enough but the ends usually get congested.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Dr. Gigglez

Screamfest really has the potential to be a big player in New England, but they need to learn every night you pace the guest, no matter how long the line is. I saw them just wave people into the village. They were doing it at every haunt but it was pretty bad. Even 90% of Haunt attractions, even on busy nights space out guests. ITs what ruined The haunts for me, the other entertainment made Screamfest bearable . I want all haunted attractions to succeed ! I love Halloween and going to haunted houses ! I will go to anyone at least once ! I know they want to keep lines down and not have long waits, but honestly, they should just do it properly and save the themselves from a horrible night, I barely heard people screaming in the haunts because the actors could not do their job. Hopefully they learn and fix it !
  4. skiburkesurfjay

skiburkesurfjay

Yeah, that makes sense. I went there a few weeks ago on a Sunday night and they spaced people out pretty well, but it still piled up at the end. That being said, it wasn't nearly as crowded as that Saturday. The parking lot filled up completely and they were busing people into the park from their off site parking lot.

Hopefully you'll have better luck next year, because it's a really good events and the haunts have some pretty good theming and scenes!
  5. mrceagle

mrceagle

I agree about the Conga Line messing it up. I have had this happen many times on the Village. another issue is they don't group. I have been sent through alone and I have seen a group of 2 sent in then another group of 2 or 3. They need to group 5-6 people together and that will allow them to space things out more. performers in the haunts also need to stay in there zones. lat year Hotel was ruined for me after to many performers stalked one person and completely ignored others. I waked past a half dozen performers trying to get back to their assigned spots.

The parade seems to be hit and miss it depends on how many walk around actors they have and at time s they have taken a few people out of the haunts. I also noticed the Ecto 1 from ghost busters wasn't featured at the park like it was in years past. It's something small but a themed car on top of the cars they have was a nice extra. They could have easily gotten the mystery machine form the Silver Knights in Nashua.
  6. canobie#1

canobie#1

The park on Saturdays is never a good idea, especially during screemfest. They pretty much just rapidly push people through on those nights to try and get people in and out as quick as possible.

If you go on a Friday or Sunday night, they are much better at con rolling the crowd and the experience is far better. As for the haunts themselves, they absolutely smash Six Flags, even when there's a conga line, it's still better than the crap you get at SFNE and Great Adventure.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Dr. Gigglez

I’ve never done FF in Jersey , but as of now I prefer SFNE over Canobie!

The Congo line killed it, I understand with a busy night and pushing crowds thru. I just can’t yet say Canobie is better ! Busy or not pushing crowds thru is unacceptable at any attraction , plus it was more like walking thru a museum then a haunt, actors can’t do their job standing there lol

I’ll try it again sometime on a Sunday night and see a difference or not , but everybody I was with don’t really want to go back during Screamfest lol

More haunts to explore, so it might be a few years before I get back there !

Canobie has potential, just can’t see it fully yet !
  8. canobie#1

canobie#1

Compared to Canobie, SFNE's sets are a joke. But Jersey was just a slap in the face to anyone who pays money to go in them. My problem with six flags is that the actors literally do nothing and the sets look like they were made in somebody's backyard.

I agree that the way they push people through is ridiculous but that really is only on saturday nights when it's packed, like the day you went.
  9. skiburkesurfjay

skiburkesurfjay

Like I said, the day you went was the busiest day of the year. The entire parking lot filled up with guests and they had to park guests in the employee lot and bus them to the park.

I love the sets at Canobie. I felt Culling was very poorly done though. In my opinion, most of their haunts are better than the ones at SFNE.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. mrceagle

mrceagle

I went on a Friday and they were still not good about spacing out groups. Only Conga line issue tough was at the end of Carnivus. I have also visited on a Sunday With horrible results. Yes Canobie has well themed haunts but the acting can be hit or miss and movies like funneling guests through all at once just hurts the attraction.