1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Cedar Point discussion thread

Discussion in 'Worldwide Park Discussions' started by BizarroAj, Aug 22, 2011.

1. koasterkid

koasterkid

After the teaser on Twitter, I figured for sure they would announce it before opening day. Still possible but seems unlikely. Maybe they will do one large teaser before opening then announce it around the normal time. They would probably rather continue the speculation and trolling than announcing it and having the excitement die down a little until opening.
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  2. tge98

tge98

I wish they would do something like Holiday World did with Tbird. That was awesome
  3. SROS Master

SROS Master

Cedar Fair really seems to have this thing with trolling lately, like on the what’s in the shed fiasco.

I truly believe there not gonna make a full announcement about this ride until as early as late August.
  4. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

Heres a better shot of MS

[​IMG]
    • Like Like x 2
  5. tge98

tge98

Well now we have drone shots......

--- Double Post Merged ---
    Look at that double up after the insane outward banked hill. Look at the speed bump at the bottom of the first drop. Look at everything!!
    • Like Like x 3
  6. koasterkid

koasterkid

Looks like those were taken over their property, CP is probably going to go after them. Looks epic, able to see the small hump after the first drop too.

The picture does make me worry a little that it won't stick to the original layout and go back around everything towards the end. The area around the entrance only looks to be 2 tracks wide and doesn't look like it could fit a third, could be wrong though. It will probably be the same length though because they seem to be keeping the MCBR intact.
  7. tge98

tge98

If you look between the double up and the lift hill the track is going to come back through there. so it looks like after the inversion it will make a tight turnaround and cut back through the lift structure and follow the already completed track back to the MCBR. At least that's what I see.

It's a shame they deleted the middle picture. It was from the lift hill side of the coaster and it gave a really good view of the lift/speed bump/ first hill and it gave a good view of the double up.

Edit: this picture shows where it cuts back through the lift hill instead of continuing next to it. and if you look at first picture I posted you can see there is another set of cross beams at the bottom of the double up.
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2017 at 11:58 PM
  8. koasterkid

koasterkid

Yeah it looks like the layout will be the same until the MCBR, my concern was it didn't look like there was room for track to pass a third time around the entrance area but maybe it's just the camera angle. Looks amazing.
  9. DJReady999

DJReady999

I can't believe I'm saying this but this thing looks like it will blow maverick away wow
  10. SROS Master

SROS Master

It will certainly rival coasters like Lightning Rod, Behemoth, and even Fury.

I don’t think that speed hill is for right after the first drop. If so the first drop would probably be a lot smaller. The lift hill will no doubt be over 200ft tall.
  11. tge98

tge98

I found the picture that got deleted on someone else's account. That tiny speed bump is 100% after the first drop
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. SFNEsros

SFNEsros Forum Leader

I made a crappy mock up in paint of which way I think the train will be going based on the airtime hill and the angle. In the second picture we can see where a second (Or the same track just coming in the opposite direction) will most likely go also.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. SROS Master

SROS Master

Nice find. While initially convinced you were right, SFNEsros made a different theory. Now looking more closely at the speed bump and the top of the lift hill, I still am doubting that speed bump is for right after the drop. Just imagine how steep the first drop would have to be in order for the track to connect to the speed bump, let alone from a 200+ft lift hill.
  14. koasterkid

koasterkid

Pretty sure the speed hump is connected to the first large hill and it appears to be on the same row of bents as the lift. The lift is going to be very impressive looking.
  15. SROS Master

SROS Master

The question is whether the train will be going clockwise towards that large hill, or counter-clockwise after the large hill.

For some reason, I am now becoming alot more obsessed about this project.