1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Closing Day 2016 - Better Late Than Never...

Discussion in 'Trip Report Archive' started by djcyberlegend, Nov 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djcyberlegend

djcyberlegend Forum Leader

Time in park - Opening - 4:45 PM
    Weather - Cloudy, rain in afternoon
    Crowds - Light early on, moderate later in afternoon

Rides - in no particular order:
    Superman - 1x, 1-cycle wait
    GCG - 1x, walk-on
    Batman - 1x, 1-cycle wait
    Crime Wave - 1x, walk-on
    NESS (Reverse) - 1x, 2-cycle wait with Flash Pass
    WC - 1x, 2-cycle wait with Flash Pass

Tina & I first met up with Jeff & Melissa for breakfast at IHOP in West Springfield, then got to the park in time for early entry. First up was to get STR out of the way before the VR was started, which ended up being shut down around 4-ish due to rain. STR ran both trains, was a bit sluggish over the hills but I didn't notice any vibration. Afterward we hit GCG for old time's sake, then headed to the south end, hit Batman & Crime Wave, then Jeff & I took some photos of the Joker construction area, where yours truly discovered that Northern Construction was the contractor for this project - the same contractor that built Goliath.

After that, we schlepped up to the north end where Jeff & Melissa used an exit pass to hit WC, @bchev93 met up with us while we were waiting for them, our friend Rob got off-duty shortly after and we hit NESS afterward - the reverse spin was a nice new twist - they used a different program on it where after getting to the top it slowed for a few turns, then sped back up before lowering.

Tina & I then hit WC with Rob, Tina unfortunately ended up having to take the walk of shame due to stomach issues, and I had to scream at the attendant afterward for cramming the lap bar too tightly against me because it started squishing my man parts, they unlocked the car and let me loosen it to where it was comfortable. Actually got a decent ride on it this time around, no shortage of airtime and it seemed to be getting more sustained through some of the elements and I didn't feel any of the vibration that has plagued it in the past.

After the ride, we grabbed lunch at Take 6, where we bumped into Brandon Allan, after lunch it started raining so Jeff & Melissa decided to skedaddle, we ended up cutting the trip short & following them out as well.

Photos:

Some of the old Area 51 props relocated and repurposed...
    IMG_4178.JPG
    IMG_4179.JPG

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  2. djcyberlegend

djcyberlegend Forum Leader

Anyone recognize these guys?
    IMG_4183.JPG
    IMG_4185.JPG

Walk-through in the south end...
    IMG_4188.JPG
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Mr Scary

Mr Scary

again, sorry I couldn't make it man. Looks like you guys had a great day despite the rain later in the day. Thanks for the pics!
  4. SFNEsros

SFNEsros Forum Leader

It was a great day and great to finally see you and tina this season! Looking forward to Holiday in the park coming up in december for my birthday weekend!
  5. DylanBIZARRO

DylanBIZARRO Forum Leader

Awesome trip report! I haven't even really had time to post mine yet so you're not alone.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.