1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Dollywood dicussion

Discussion in 'Worldwide Park Discussions' started by BizarroAj, Aug 19, 2013.

1. canobie#1

canobie#1

Lol I can confidently say TTD has not worked out its kinks. That this is down half the day on average and they usually have no idea what causes the problems.
  2. depotrat

depotrat

Yes but TTD and KK are open for part of the day which gives people that traveled long distances a chance to ride. The history of LR is to close for days and days which doesn't even allow a changing around of the trip to get there when open because it is closed the entire week!! Plus, DW lies their asses off acting like it is going to open later in the day to try to keep people in the park eating and spending money on other things.

DW went on my poop list last summer and It does not seem any better now . Although I did see they had the closure on their website now which they were NOT doing last summer.
  3. mrceagle

mrceagle

I'm amazed how much trouble this coaster has given them.
  4. depotrat

depotrat

They went cheap on the launch system with a contractor that was not the choice of builder. Penny wise pound foolish for sure. I am pretty sure that decision has led to most of these problems.
  5. skiburkesurfjay

skiburkesurfjay

I went for 2 days and it was open for both days in April. It only broke down once for under an hour.
  6. depotrat

depotrat

Screamscape is reporting that word is it will reopen on Friday. More disturbing is the rumor that it was closed to add some padding, smooth a coupe of spots on the track and some other small things to make everything very good for their "Thrills in the Hills" event July 13-14. All I can say is if this is true, Wow just Wow. Those are the things you do in the off season, or after hours, or at worst ANNOUNCE early closure for a few days. Nope, close completely over the 4th of July weekend and screw people who traveled long distances to ride. Wow!!!! They just moved a couple of notches down on my list if that is possible. Like I said, if true, but based on my experience with them last summer, I believe it.
  7. Boris1981

Boris1981

I read on themeparkreview that the pothole after the drop caused some serious roughness, so maybe they had to shut it down immediately before things would have gotten worse.
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  8. CanobieCoaster

CanobieCoaster

That apot was definitely noticeable last year at Smoky Mountain Xmas. The one thing I always found interesting about that spot is that it is directly above the maintenance road, so it's a spot where there's less supports.
  9. depotrat

depotrat

So if the spot was there at Christmas you wait until. 4th of July week to fix it?
  10. Boris1981

Boris1981

Word is that the park handed the problem over to RMC again as there is still warranty going on. The ride might be closed at least for the next two weeks, the ERT yesterday was cancelled last minute....
  11. CanobieCoaster

CanobieCoaster

It was noticeable but not enoigh to ruin the ride. Not sure how much worse it has gotten.
  12. depotrat

depotrat

^^If that is the case seems like the park is still mad at RMC and the loser in it all are the guests caught in the middle that fork over big bucks to travel there and buy admission. Shame on DW for letting this drag on like this.
  13. ctcoastin

ctcoastin

Lightning Rod has now been closed for a full month during the height of the summer season.
    • Informative Informative x 3
  14. depotrat

depotrat

^And Screamscape is reporting that the rumor is that it will not open again this season!! I hope that is not true for the sake of all the people that scheduled August vacations at DW to get a ride.
  15. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

I think whoever designed LR to be a launched coaster did not take into consideration just how much wood expands and contracts. The solution to that problem is the lifthill should've been built out of steel ala the voyage.