1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Drone Sfne Update! (2/21/16)

Discussion in 'SFNE Discussion' started by DylanBIZARRO, Feb 21, 2016.

1. DylanBIZARRO

DylanBIZARRO Forum Leader

DISCLAIMER: I DID NOT FLY MY DRONE ON SIX FLAGS PROPERTY, AND KEPT A SAFE DISTANCE FROM THE STRUCTURES IN THE PARK. MY DRONE IS ALSO LEGALLY REGISTERED WITH THE FAA.

So today I went to the hiking trails across from SFNE with @BizarroAj and we went to the part of the trails where you see SFNE of course. Like AJ said in his post, it was quite nerve wrecking flying that thing out of the woods, as I had to fly it in and out of an opening and then avoid the trees and land it on the drones box which was used as a small landing pad. It was also hard flying it because I was nervous that one of the birds may attack it out of the air. I had a lot of fun flying it though, and hope to go again soon, and next time I am going to go a bit further and fly it more down the river. Anyways lets get into the pictures!

1..jpg
    Here is the first picture. This is the view from the other side of the lake, up in the air. Nice shot of the entire park, and as you can see, fireball is clearly visible, and it was visible right when you approach the opening on the trails. They have put the flags up on Scream, but it seems there is only 5 flags. Either they haven't finished putting the flags up or the flag went flying off into the park....

DJI_0558.jpg
    A nice closeup of Superman. As you can see, they have yet to put the superman theming on the first tunnel cutout, as it is still yellow. I do hope they change the design of the first tunnel cutout. While its not horrible, I do think they could do better than putting Superman on the six flags sunburst design, but hey its just a cutout, they are doing a great job with superman so far.

DJI_0548.jpg
    A nice picture showing the station and the spaghetti bowl.

DJI_0559.jpg
    A lower picture of the station and spaghetti bowl. They have yet to put the superman logo on the top of the station yet....

Q LINE.jpg
    And here is a lower shot of the station and spaghetti bowl, and zoomed in here you can see that they have yet to put the new comics in the queue, but they have put the superman symbols on the top where the comics go.

TUNNEL PICTURE.jpg
    This closeup shows that they have yet to start the broken ground theming yet. Wow, it seems that SFNE has A LOT to do before opening day.

DJI_0549.jpg
    FIREBALL CLOSEUP.jpg
    Here we can see Fireball, and it seems like they have the ride up!

DJI_0551.jpg
    Another view of the park. Its so odd seeing Superman on the other side of the river since its reversed, I've only seen it from the other direction.

cac.jpg
    CAC CLOSEUP.jpg
    Here is a closeup of Crack Axle Canyon. Since this area is so far away since I am flying it on the other side of the park this time, it is very blurry, but you can see that there is something in rodeos spot.

THUNDERBOLT CLOSEUP.jpg
    In this picture you can see that they are still doing work on Thunderbolt as well.

4444 IN.jpg
    Haha! I love how they just threw the Bizarro cutout in the grass and left it. It would be funny if it was there all year.

LAST.jpg
    Well thats about it. Overall I had a great time heading up there with @BizarroAj and hopefully I can do it again soon.

Here is some extra pictures...

3333.jpg 5555.jpg 7777.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 7
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
  2. djcyberlegend

djcyberlegend Forum Leader

Nice pics - thanks for sharing!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

Awesome shots and theres a couple to things to note in those pics. First you can see that indeed Fireball is built at ground level which definitely makes it look more permanent than a carnival model. Second it appears the rumor i have heard about CAC is true and if you look carefully you can see that they are tearing up the stamped concrete midway and replacing it with asphalt. This is being done due to how slippery it gets when it is wet, which is what i heard. Thanks for posting these pics Dylan. :)
    • Like Like x 2
  4. koasterkid

koasterkid

Awesome pics!

"And after an epic battle with Bizarro, Superman left Bizarro to die on the snow" :D

Love how the flame cannon supports are still there too...:rolleyes:
    • Like Like x 2
  5. tge98

tge98

nice pics!!

This is a question I've had since the first time I went on bizarro but why is there a red and yellow target on the under side of the lift?
    • Like Like x 1
  6. dschu

dschu

It was part of a plan called RiverWalk or something like that. That's all that ever became of it.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Tyler

Tyler

I'm surprised by the small amount of progress they made with the theming, last year with wicked cyclone it seemed to go faster than this.
  8. koasterkid

koasterkid

They started WiCy's theming like 2 weeks before it opened. I think they still have time with Superman. They don't have a ton to add from what we have seen, but there could be some things hidden.
  9. EastKoaster

EastKoaster

Maybe they'll actually take my advice and install CO2 Cannons with LEDs
    • Like Like x 2
  10. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

Did you happen to keep the flight pattern from the drone that you showed me after the flight?
  11. DylanBIZARRO

Whoops forgot to put it in the update. Here it is.

IMG_0171.PNG
    This is the flight plan from the SFNE update flight.
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
  12. WiCy#1

WiCy#1 Administrator

Here's the video from the flight.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. DylanBIZARRO

DISCLAIMER: I DID NOT FLY MY DRONE ON SIX FLAGS PROPERTY, AND KEPT A SAFE DISTANCE FROM THE STRUCTURES IN THE PARK. MY DRONE IS ALSO LEGALLY REGISTERED WITH THE FAA.

So today I stopped by the park since where we were going was 3 minutes away from the park. I got some nice pictures, and some update pictures of “Traffic Jam”, Tomahawk, The midway of Crack Axle Canyon, and Wicked Cyclone. Sadly I didn’t get anything of Fireball since the conditions weren’t the best. Anyways, enjoy the pictures!

DJI_0574.JPG
    Traffic Jam.jpg
    First is a picture of Traffic Jam. It seems that they have the ride up, probably not finished but close.

Tomahawk.jpg
    They are getting a lot of work done with Tomahawk. Looks like its almost done.

DJI_0599.JPG DJI_0601.JPG
    Nice pictures of Wicked Cyclone.

DJI_0580.JPG
    Maintence lot.jpg
    Nothing new in the maintenance lot, but you can see Superman’s Chassis, like in Aj’s post.

Midway.jpg
    Here is the Midway in Crack Axle Canyon. Seems like they have paved it.

Thats about it for updates. Thanks for looking! Here is some other pictures I took while I was there.
    DJI_0602.JPG
    DJI_0612.JPG DJI_0618.JPG

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 7
  14. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

Awesome pics thanks for posting them. In the pic of the maintenance lot you can see theres only a few chassis sitting there so the rest must be inside already getting put together. :)
    • Like Like x 2
  15. tge98

tge98

I can't wait to see these kinds of pictures once the park is open. It would be really cool to see rides in operation from above. Plus just seeing crowded midways would be cool. I've always wanted to get into drone flying but never have found the time or money to do so.