1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Fright Fest 2018

Discussion in 'SFNE Discussion' started by thrillsnewengland, Oct 1, 2018.

1. thrillsnewengland

thrillsnewengland

October is here! Does anyone know what the prize is for the cockroach eating contest? I’ve heard season passes and if that’s the case it might be worth considering...
  2. Mr Scary

Mr Scary

I wouldnt eat a cockroach for season passes to anywhere! lol

Anyone attend Fright Fest yet? Reviews?
  3. mrceagle

mrceagle

Yes but I didn't do any houses. Scare zones are pretty much the same I did find them slightly better staffed then the last couple years. wish they were bigger thee are less fright zones and more short displays. Undead ally is the only one that feels like a true fright zone. The main street graveyard is always fun but can't speak for staffing since i didn't walk through till the end of the day and monsters form other scare zones seemed to now be in that area.

Shows were OK.
    Mort's used coffins had a few OK joke but was also a bit too much adult humor.

The Awakening was a disappointment. The location in front of Goliath was crowded the whole setup detracted from the Excitement of previous years.

Dead Mans Grove was a fun show but a little forced. a few good songs mostly pop and less Halloween. There were some fun jokes and the characters were good.
  4. Dr. Gigglez

Dr. Gigglez Administrator Forum Leader

I went over the weekend and currently editing videos! I did release the guide to Fright Fest video this morning on SFNEOnlines Facebook!

Tonight I’m going to give a small review on The a grove Show and working on a full review video as I collect my thoughts.

If you would like to see some stuff , the video give you all the goodies!

5. Nickyrads

Nickyrads

Just left Fright Fest and I have to say that I loved it this year! They did a great job. I was wondering if there’s any other Disney park fans like me that noticed that Midnight Mansion had a room that was almost an exact recreation of Madame Leota’s room in the Haunted Mansion. I found that pretty awesome and figured it was done on purpose.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Dr. Gigglez

Dr. Gigglez Administrator Forum Leader

Which Room? I don't remember seeing that lol
  7. Nickyrads

Nickyrads

Towards the end, there’s a room where you walk clockwise around a crystal ball on a table and there’s floating furniture and stuff. Haha. The layout was so similar that everyone in my group made a comment as we were walking through
  8. xsarabella

xsarabella

Does anyone know how much the wristbands are for the trails? I can’t find anything on the website. I know Diamond Elite get there’s free but I need to know how much it is for non DE members.
  9. Nickyrads

Nickyrads

$30 for the general admission and $45 for the VIP, I believe. Passholders also get $5 off.
  10. xsarabella

xsarabella

Oh they do? That’s nice, thank you!
  11. Wickedjohnny24

Wickedjohnny24

If they change any scare zone the demon district would be the zone. They can use the entrantrice witch and her brother from suicide squad and the whole scene from the movie with her army of blobs and the last stand scene from the movie as a good scare zone. Hes like a demon and that big demon they have can fit for him and then use other props to re create that whole scene.
  12. mrceagle

mrceagle

Interesting idea but the bonus for the to have a generic theme is it doesn't cost anything more then The display costs. If they went with Suicide Squad they would have to pay for the rights to use it and Then build the fright one around it. On top of that your paying for rights on a what would be a 3 year old property by next season.
  13. Wickedjohnny24

Wickedjohnny24

True i didnt think about that. I was thinking since its part of the dc universe they be able to use that from there, since harly and joker are part of that movie as well too. But it is a good thought since its in dc land and would fit the area well
  14. dschu

dschu

Technically the chain already pays for it, with Magic Mountain having a Suicide Squad scare zone.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. mrceagle

mrceagle

Yes but that doesn't mean the contract allows then to use it anywhere they want. We don't know the details they might be paying more to have free usage of the property across the chain but that is likely not the case. If you recall they dumped the properties form TGE to save money. So its likely DC rights are park by park.

@Wickedjohnny24 , Rights to characters and rights to a movie property are different. The characters in Suicide square are properties within a movie which is also owned by DC.

For example Disney used to have MGM studios, hat game then rights to cal the park MGM studios but that doesn't give them Rights to the movies and their characters. They had to pay for rights to any properties in the park they did not own like the Great movie ride scenes and Muppet's, Arosmith, Twilight Zone, etc.