1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Golden Tickets Awards

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by BizarroAj, Jul 5, 2012.

1. depotrat

depotrat

OK so nitro1118 thinks the GTAs are crap. Others realize they are biased maybe even to the point of being just a popularity contest. Still some folks on here cast ballots or have cast ballots, so clearly some enthusiasts do care even though nitro1118 tells them they shouldn't.

The GTAs are like the Sports Illustrated swim suit issue. Every year people get all crazy pro and con about that issue then it quiets down until the next year. Same thing with the GTAs. LOL
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Lifthill

Lifthill

Amusement park enthusiasts are some of the most passionate people the world could hope to see. If their favorite park, ride, etc wins an award, they seem vindicated. If not, the reverse becomes obvious.

It's the same thing when parks announce what, if any, new attractions they may install for the next season. Not everybody's going to embrace the choice, while others will rejoice. At the end of the day it is after all, a fun industry that thrives in a positive atmosphere.
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
  3. depotrat

depotrat

^replace enthusiast with Red Sox fan and award with championship. Replace new attractions with new players for next season and it is pretty much the same. LOL People get passionate about interests/hobbies. It is a good thing! It makes life more interesting.
  4. mrceagle

mrceagle

Glad to hear. I thought I had offended you some how.
    Like the analogy
  5. Mikeokay

Mikeokay

Well whether or not people are into the awards, it looks like I am going to be on the voting panel next year! I am excited, especially since the awards are going to be hosted locally next year!
  6. depotrat

depotrat

Did you request a ballot?
  7. Mikeokay

Mikeokay

Yeah i exchanged a few emails with an AT staffer, and now I'm all set up for a 2017 ballot.

So now when do the park's start sending me free tickets and flying me out? J/k, but seriously how else could these awards be so political and for sale like people claim? It's just a panel of enthusiasts and park insiders voting.
  8. nitro1118

nitro1118

Except here it doesn't, that's my point. It's a year-round thing in regards to Superman, with the GTA being the standard for how we should judge any rennovation on Superman. That's my problem with it. Most websites take them for what they are and I don't say a peep. This site gets fanatical with it when it comes to Superman.
  9. depotrat

depotrat

^It is the signature ride of the park that this site is dedicated to. It is a ride that has undergone tons of changes over the years such as restraint changes, theme changes, headrest changes, train change, color changes, off coaster element changes, station configuration changes, loading procedure change, and name changes. This site will examine all those things all the way into the minutia which will include the potential impact to the GTAs.

I cannot think of any other top rated ride that has endured the never ending changes that this ride has, thus other sites do not have the same motivation to include the GTAs in the non voting time discussion.
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
  10. tge98

tge98

Yeah can you imagine the cedar point fanboys if they literally changed the vending machine in MF queue. Let alone change the trains.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Lifthill

Lifthill

Amusement Today magazine which will host The Golden Ticket Awards at both Lake Compounce and Quassy Amusement parks this coming September 8th & 9th has released this very colorful YouTube video of the upcoming event:

• Like Like x 1
  12. mrceagle

mrceagle

Really nice video. I especially liked the old photo of the women riding the carousel.
  13. Mr Scary

Mr Scary

Damn, that looks cool to attend
  14. Lifthill

Lifthill

The only thing is, to attend, you need to be a park owner, operator, ride manufacturer or have some other professional relationship to amusement parks. Unfortunately, it's just not open to the general public although it should be televised live and carried online somewhere.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

Yes amusement today streams it live online!