1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Great Adventure Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New England Parks Discussion' started by BizarroAj, Oct 4, 2010.

1. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

yea the safari closes early so they can clear out the line before it gets dark.
  2. DylanBIZARRO

DylanBIZARRO Forum Leader

Unfortunately it seemed like it was closed even early on when I came to the park, but I saw employees riding it.

I'll have my PTR up on Monday or Tuesday. I have 200+ pictures to sort through so it may take a while.... I didn't get to ride all the roller coasters unforutnelty, Kingda Ka because whenever I went over there it was closed for wind or broken down and when it finally reopened we were leaving. El Toro was amazing though definitely the highlight of my visit. I may be returning June or some point in the summer though so I'll get to ride the coasters I missed. Thanks again everybody for the tips they really helped.
  3. Chase Hathorne

Chase Hathorne

I'm glad you loved it. I think it's better than Superman by just a hair but both are such amazing coasters. Did you sit in the magic seat?
  4. DylanBIZARRO

DylanBIZARRO Forum Leader

Yes I did! It was amazing! I sat in the magic seat for both times when I rode it. There was so much airtime and it had some pretty powerful forces!
  5. xsarabella

xsarabella

El Toro #1
    • Like Like x 3
  6. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

7. mrceagle

mrceagle

Lets hope the Scrap value is enough for them to get something nice.
  8. depotrat

depotrat

^^The Six Flags exit from Astroworld was poorly planned, poorly executed and totally not needed. After they left, the land stayed empty for almost 10 years. Batman the Escape was not the only coaster moved just to end up rotting in a field or rusting in a shed. Greezed Lighnin' went to Joyland and never opened. Ultra Twister went to SFA and never opened. Serial Thriller went to Great Escape, sat there for many years and finally went to La Ronde as Ednor L'Attaque in 2010- four later.
  9. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

10. SFNEsros

SFNEsros Forum Leader

Looks like June 15 is the first ride session for season pass-holders to ride Battle for Metropolis!! I will be in Italy so looks like I'll be missing the media day also as I am guessing it is next week:(

https://www.sixflags.com/greatadven...lebration/season-pass-holder-celebration-days

Season Pass Celebration Weekend!
    Join us for a weekend of celebration, where we celebrate you! Don't miss Exclusive Ride Time to preview JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis, special discounts on food, games and merchandise and a party atmosphere like you've never seen before!

June 15
    Join us in Metropolis for a Season Pass party with an exclusive entrance, street entertainment, food sampling and exclusive ride time on the all-new JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis from 3 to 8 p.m. Want to bring a friend for the fun? Those without a Season Pass can purchase an official JUSTICE LEAGUE t-shirt to gain entrance to this VIP party! Guest must have valid theme park admission.

June 16
    The party continues! If you can't make it on the 15th, fear not, the events continue on the 16th. Season Pass holders and those who purchase the exclusive t-shirt will have the day to preview JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis, plus receive discounts on merchandise and food and enjoy the streetmosphere of Metropolis!

Season Pass Holder Special Discounts for the 15th and 16th!
    • 25% Off your purchase at the new Metro Grill!! Present your Season Pass and receive 25% off your entire purchase. Excludes the purchase of 2017 All Season and All Day Drink Bottle. *
    • $5 per person for you and your friend to Play 3 Point Challenge. Present your season pass at 3 Point Challenge, located in the Boardwalk and play for only $5. *
    • $1 per person for you and your friend to Play the Movietown Top Glo Race Game. Present your season pass at the Movietown Top Glo Race Game, located next to Studio 28 Arcade and race for only $1 per player. *
    • $5 per person for you and your friend to Ride the Sling Shot! Present your season pass at the extreme booth, located in the Boardwalk, and pay only $5 per flyer on the Sling Shot! Must meet all safety requirements. *
    • $5 per person for you and your friend to drive on Great American Road Race. Present your season pass at the Extreme Booth, located in the boardwalk and pay only $5 each for two, one time drivers. Must meet all safety requirements.
    • Win 1 Take 2 at the Lights Up Race Game. Present your season pass when you play the Lights Up Race Game, located in the boardwalk, and if you are the winner, you will take home 2 prizes from Lights Up. *
    • Free upgrade to Lots of Layers Dippin Dot with purchase of regular Dippin Dots. Present your Season Pass when purchasing a regular Dippin Dots and receive free upgrade to Lots of Layers Dippin Dots. Offer not valid when using a Dining Plan Snack. *
    • $5 off the purchase of an All Season Picture Pass. Present your Season Pass at My Six Flags Photo and receive $5.00 off the purchase of an All Season Picture Pass. Discount will be applied to the first qualifying purchase made that day. *
    • 15% Off your retail purchase with no minimum purchase required. Present your Season Pass and receive 15% off your entire purchase. Discount will be applied to the first qualifying purchase of the day. Offer valid at participating locations.*
    • Buy 3 pieces of fudge and get 3 pieces free!! Present your Season Pass when purchasing 3 pieces of fudge and receive 3 pieces free. Offer valid at Sweet Treats Candy Shop. *
    • Purchase and wear the official JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis t-shirt and show your season pass and receipt to receive access to the FLASH PASS entrance on JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis ride for the day. Offer only valid on day of initial purchase, must show receipt when entering the line.
    June 17
    Just in case you missed Thursday and Friday, Season Pass holders will receive exclusive Early Ride Time on JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis, BATMAN: The Ride and THE DARK KNIGHT coaster from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m.

Exclusive offers for Season Pass holders:
    • $5 per person for you and your friend to Play 3 Point Challenge. Present your season pass at 3 Point Challenge, located in the Boardwalk and play for only $5. *
    • $1 per person for you and your friend to Play the Movietown Top Glo Race Game. Present your season pass at the Movietown Top Glo Race Game, located next to Studio 28 Arcade and race for only $1 per player.*
    • $5 per person for you and your friend to Ride the Sling Shot! Present your season pass at the extreme booth, located in the Boardwalk, and pay only $5 per flyer on the Sling Shot! Must meet all safety requirements.*
    • $5 per person for you and your friend to drive on Great American Road Race. Present your season pass at the Extreme Booth, located in the boardwalk and pay only $5 for one, one time driver. Must meet all safety requirements
    • Win 1 Take 2 at the Lights Up Race Game. Present your season pass when you play the Lights Up Race Game, located in the boardwalk, and if you are the winner, you will take home 2 prizes from Lights Up. *
    • $5 off the purchase of an All Season Picture Pass. Present your Season Pass at My Six Flags Photo and receive $5 off the purchase of an All Season Picture Pass. Discount will be applied to the first qualifying purchase made that day. *
    • 15% Off your retail purchase with no minimum purchase required. Present your Season Pass and receive 15% off your entire purchase. Discount will be applied to the first qualifying purchase of the day. Offer valid at participating locations.*
    • Purchase and wear the official JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis t-shirt and show your season pass and receive a ticket to access to the FLASH PASS entrance for one ride on JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis. Offer only valid on day of initial purchase must show receipt with ticket.
    June 18
    This Father's Day, Season Pass Holders receive exclusive Early Ride Time from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. on JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis, BATMAN: The Ride and THE DARK KNIGHT Coaster.

If you have not already used your Bring a Friend Free coupon, bring a guest for free with you to enjoy the park!

Satisfy your sweet tooth with a Season Pass Sundae Funday at Maple Pavilion from 2 to 6 p.m. Present your Season Pass at the Maple Pavilion located in the Catering Picnic Grove and receive a special offer. Create your own one-of-a-kind Sundae: choose from three flavors of ice cream and a large assortment of toppings!!

Pricing:

• Season Dining Plan members can use your snack voucher
    • $4.00 with Season Pass
    • $4.00 for your guest. Guest will be able to enter the Sundae Zone one time with purchase.
    Exclusive offers for Season Pass holders:
    • $1 per person for you and your friend to Play the Movietown Top Glo Race Game. Present your season pass at the Movietown Top Glo Race Game, located next to Studio 28 Arcade and race for only $1 per player. *
    • $5 per person for you and your friend to Ride the Sling Shot! Present your season pass at the extreme booth, located in the Boardwalk, and pay only $5 per flyer on the Sling Shot! Must meet all safety requirements. *
    • $5 per person for you and your friend to drive on Great American Road Race. Present your season pass at the Extreme Booth, located in the boardwalk and pay only $5 for one, one time driver. Must meet all safety requirements.
    • $5 off the purchase of an All Season Picture Pass. Present your Season Pass at My Six Flags Photo and receive $5 off the purchase of an All Season Picture Pass. Discount will be applied to the first qualifying purchase made that day. *
    • 25% Off your first purchase of $10 or more at participating retail locations. Present your Season Pass and spend a minimum of $10 at any participating retail store ($tax excluded) and receive 25% off your entire purchase. Discount will be applied to the first qualifying purchase made that day.*
    • Purchase and wear the official JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis t-shirt and show your season pass to receive a ticket to access to the FLASH PASS entrance for one ride on JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis. Offer only valid on day of initial purchase must show receipt with ticket.
    *Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount or promotional offer.
  11. mrceagle

mrceagle

WOW, nice to see all the discounted attractions to go with it
  12. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

Today is JLBFM media day and kyle is there covering the event and we will post updates on the fb page.
  13. Sluggo77

Sluggo77

It's an awesome ride. Great addition to the park.
  14. nitro1118

nitro1118

Finally made my first visit to the park today. JL definitely exceeded my expectations. I saw a POV of one of its clones last year, however POV's do not do this thing justice. There were a lot more practical effects than I expected, and those last few scenes offered some great vehicle movement that synced perfectly to the screen. The exterior and queue were also very nice aesthetically.

There were a couple of issues, though. First, and this has nothing to do with the ride itself, but the area around the ride is extremely empty and bare. They did a good job of repainting/retheming buildings on that strip but there is so much empty concrete space. The fact that the cut through to the Big Wheel is still blocked off make it even more...odd. I have obviously been rooting for a new coaster next year, but in all honesty they need to funnel that money into adding more flats, shops and landscaping to this area. Secondly, there should really be an attendant where the line splits for groups of 1-2/3 or more. It kept backing up there as people were checking to see which line appeared shorter as opposed to following direction. Lastly, there were technical issues during my 2nd ride. It had a 10min breakdown while I was in line, and on the last screen where the scores were displayed the graphics stayed frozen.

Overall, amazing addition to the park. We have needed a dark ride for years and this really blows away almost every non-Universal/Disney dark ride I have been on.