1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Great Adventure Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New England Parks Discussion' started by BizarroAj, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Sluggo77

Sluggo77

From Screamscape and just rumor so far but if true Great Adventure might be getting something big next year

“I'm not sure how true this is, but an odd rumor came in over the weekend claiming that El Diablo could leave at the end of the 2018 season. Anyone else heard this, or is it complete nonsense? Personally I’m not buying it just yet...”

If it is removed I’m guessing that it’s getting shipped to La Ronde for their “new” 2019 addition Chaos.
  2. CannonballLover

CannonballLover

I guess El diablo is now part of the ride rotation program!
  3. mrceagle

mrceagle

It's unlikely that SFGAdv will operate a ride down all season to make way for whatever they are getting in 2020.
  4. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

It had a line on saturday when i went by it. I also got to ride cyborg finally and i thought it was pretty intense but it definitely looks intimidating when you watch it cycle. I guess thats why it didn't have much of a line the whole day. Eltoro is still my #1 woodie despite the golden ticket award going to phoenix even though flying turns is my fav at knoebels. :) I still think the safari is by far the best ride at gradv and its really the only thing that keeps me going back!
  5. depotrat

depotrat

I just notice that SFGADV is open a lot of days in November prior to the start of HITP. We are thinking about getting down there next week if the weather will cooperate.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Sluggo77

Sluggo77

I’ve been during Grape Adventure and it was walk on awesome all day. Guessing the GP doesn’t focus on attending between FF and the start of HiTP.

Probably heading to the park on Saturday because of this.

Honestly I hope that SFNE figures out how to navigate the non-holiday zone instead of closing for weeks.
  7. depotrat

depotrat

Since I posted that I found out that NJ schools are closed some of those non weekend days the park is open due to a statewide teachers convention and some in service days. I still don't expect big crowds.
  8. mrceagle

mrceagle

That's all good to hear. I've been on their water rides so really only need credits on the coasters built after 2001 and the flats. sounds promising.
  9. depotrat

depotrat

We went to SFGADV Thursday. The weather was amazing which, of course, increased attendance. Even with the nice weather I was surprised on how many people were there. Nitro and El Toro were 30 min waits. We arrived at 1 PM and left at 5 PM and did all we wanted. It was a nice bonus day from SF. I am sure the park made money as the food stands were very busy all day.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

I wish sfne did an extra weekend between ff and hitp.
    • Like Like x 4
  11. mrceagle

mrceagle

Give them Time, Who know what will happen down the line. SFGAdv has a big head start on SFNE when it comes to extra events.
  12. depotrat

depotrat

There were so many families there Thursday enjoying the day off school together. I hadn't seen that many strollers since Disney World Magic Kingdom!! LOL

Nitro was running like a champ and even with just two trains the crew had the line moving. El Toro only had one train and it looked like the 2nd train hadn't moved since our last visit during the summer. Still the line moved pretty well. The ride was vastly superior to the terrible ride we had this summer but right now ET is a shadow of what it was years ago. Perhaps with some off season work it can get back to the awesomeness.
  13. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

Construction is well under way for their new giant frissbee.

[​IMG]
    pic from gradv true connoisseurs fb page
  14. Sluggo77

Sluggo77

From GA History the flames have been removed from El Diablo. Is it heading to La Ronde as the rumors have been suggesting?

363516BF-055E-4C4B-B70F-E2ACF8EBF7C0.jpeg
  15. mrceagle

mrceagle

Do there generally keep the decorative flames up over the winter? I would think they would want to take them down and store them away to keep them form getting damaged.