1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Great Escape Discussion

Discussion in 'Great Escape Chatter' started by SFNEsros, Jan 26, 2011.

1. tge98

tge98

Yeah the traffic upgrades are required if attendance hits a certain point. However, I believe reading something in regards to pandemonium that the park was still significantly under the next attendance threshold which would require infrastructure work. In fact, last year the park requested to decrease the frequency of the studies that determine all of the attendance and traffic numbers since they were showing no change in attendance over an extended period.
  2. mrceagle

mrceagle

Which also leads me to believe we have nothing exciting to look forward to in the near future.
  3. msullivan1

msullivan1

I was at the park for a few hours and it was great! Got on 4 coasters with a bunch of rerides on comet. Hopefully I’ll be back eventually to do more!
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Medusa42

Medusa42

5. MetsFan

MetsFan Forum Leader

So weird. The rides are a mix of GE’s and SFNE’s....
  6. thatguyhe

thatguyhe

Yeah, I have no idea what that is It's not uncommon for them to copy and paste when adding new pages, but that's... Weird. Like how some things are changed a little bit, like "Halloween fest" and "Christmas in the park .
  7. mrceagle

mrceagle

Strange I would think maybe a kidsopolis retheme but this is a whole park page. I would hate to see them rename TGE to Kids world.
  8. msullivan1

msullivan1

That’s really strange.
  9. CanobieCoaster

CanobieCoaster

The directions page is the most baffling. I'm guessing they just cut and paste something because this park is supposedly 50 miles from Franklin, 75 miles from Johnson City, and 95 miles from Smithfield. It mentions Albany and I-85, the latter of which is down in the Carolinas, Georgia, and Virginia. I first thought of Albany, NY but there is an Albany, GA whose population is actually respectable at 75,000.
  10. MetsFan

MetsFan Forum Leader

^True but it’s pretty clear the directions are for Great Escape but just messed up a bit-

“Take I-85 North to exit 24 to Albany. Continue North on I-85 to Exit 30A. Travel South on Route 9 approximately 1/4 mile and turn right onto Kids World Lane.”

I-87 is the Northway to get to GE, Albany is exit 24 of the NYS Thruway, and when you travel
    North and get to exit 20 for GE, you go South on Route 9 and turn right on to Six Flags Drive.

Also the lands are just name variations of Great Escape’s- Storyland (Storytown), TinyTown (Timbertown), etc. Another part of the site says “Storyville.”

I don’t think we have to worry about GE becoming Kids World LOL. Probably some sort of test site or a poor attempt at a 2019 distraction.
  11. CanobieCoaster

CanobieCoaster

^ Thanks! This is definitely strange so it'll be interesting to see if anything comes of it or it's just a test site like you said.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. WiCy#1

WiCy#1 Administrator

This was just a test site. It's been on the website since early 2018, maybe even late 2017. I'm sure they used it to pitch the concept to investors for the China parks.