1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Holiday In The Park

Discussion in 'SFNE Discussion' started by sfnecoolkid, Mar 29, 2017.

1. SROS Master

SROS Master

Yeah Superman is too far north to be operational for Holiday in the park, even with those wheels. Though I wonder if those wheels could work for Wicked Cyclone.
  2. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

This is in the park now:)

[​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  3. mrceagle

mrceagle

Interesting.
  4. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

Here's the front entrance lit up last night. They have lights on all the buildings in crack axle canyon already.

5. depotrat

depotrat

This is going to be a big hit! People love Christmas and look for things to do Christmas themed. Add in the amusement park tie-in and the only thing that could derail this is if the weather is just terrible too much of the time. I would expect big crowds.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Mr Scary

Mr Scary

I go to the park almost every weekend of Frightfest because I enjoy the Halloween atmosphere with a Six Flags twist. I am really looking forward to walking around someplace with lights and a great seasonal atmosphere and extending the Six Flags season all the way to New Year's. I would think you may see a different demographic visit in less comfortable weather
    • Like Like x 2
  7. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

The park has been adding lights to the buildings and im hearing they are going to be doing a lot more decorating in August. I guess the plan is to do the xmas decorating first then the Halloween decorations over the xmas stuff, so they just have to remove the frightfest decorations and will be ready for holiday in the park.
  8. mrceagle

mrceagle

So just like the shops in the mall.

Thanks for the update
  9. koasterkid

koasterkid

I noticed lots of new lights up on a lot of buildings today. Also noticed all of these cables on the entrance path by the other lights that are hanging there. I think they are going to put in one of those light blankets here that some other parks have.
    IMG_7452.JPG
    • Like Like x 1
  10. riversidepark1982

riversidepark1982 Forum Leader

Those have always been there. They used to hold the banners.
  11. koasterkid

koasterkid

I know there were some for the banners and some for the current lights they have, but there are definitely more that were recently added.
  12. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

No there are a lot more cables now then just the banner ones. I think they are going to make that path look incredible for the event. :)

i'm still wondering where the main xmas tree is going to be located, if i had to guess i would think it will be in front of joker because they need a big area for the crowds to gather around. :)
  13. CannonballLover

CannonballLover

This is crazy and would never happen but would absolutely love to see the carousel get a huge Christmas do over. Make the lights red and green, put wreaths around it. Bring back the old riverside organ and play Christmas tunes.

Love to see chaser lights on thunderbolt running red and green.

Maybe the entrance can have some old school Christmas lights? That would be cool.
  14. koasterkid

koasterkid

I am sure the Carousel will be decked out and the entrance did have a ton of lights on it, I assume it will look pretty similar to SFA's entrance.

I wonder if it would be possible to turn Skyscreamer into a giant tree, it would look incredible. Kinda like what LC does with Skycoaster. They can run cables down around it with lights and they already have a star on the top haha. The lights on the inside could also be programmed to do some cool patterns. Would be quite a lot of work but I think it would look amazing.
    • Like Like x 3
  15. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

I heard the park has strung those cables throughout rockville to. I hope to have pics later today that i will post. :)