1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

I’ve Been Nominated For Ace President !

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Dr. Gigglez, Mar 22, 2018.

1. djcyberlegend

djcyberlegend Forum Leader

I have a suspicion of who that might have been, but I’ll keep it to myself...
  2. Dr. Gigglez

Dr. Gigglez Administrator Forum Leader

I mean after It was explained to me last night, I totally get it and agree with the Logo stuff. i do think there should be a little leeway in terms if your actually running for office as long as you don't change the logo and not going and saying and things about ACE , then ok but I do understand they don't want to confuse people , as well as have their name run through the mud.

It does show it's going to be a battle and if people have to run and cry, but no discipline was handed down, I was shut asked from here on out to not use any logos unless I have permission from EC for national Logo and If a REP says its ok during a regional event.

I mean with an election and them not doing enough to get recognized you would think it would be a non issue, plus this is new territory for ACE . No candidate has used YOUTUBE and SOCIAL MEDIA to get their Election Platform out there and CAMPAIGN for an ACE Election ever!

Maybe I break the mold and more people do this in the future! Well I am breaking the mold and people are going to be like what the hell lol I got a few more videos to record tonight and then Ill schedule them to release
    --- Double Post Merged, Original Post Date: Apr 12, 2018 ---
    Well I can already feel and see people are out to make sure I loose ! I really hope I win lol I want them to cry even more just because I did lmfao
  3. mrceagle

mrceagle

That's nuts. I get if you were running for president of a new coaster club and wearing an ace shirt. but you're running for ace President and in tern should be able to have images in your presentation that are ace related. that would be like Running for president and being told you cant have a American flag or use the republican/Democratic logos.

Maybe we need to come up with a ACE campaign logo to use from her on in.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Dr. Gigglez

Well it’s tough, the rules are you can’t change the logo . I look at it like this. I’m just going to do what I’m doing.

I’ll keep doing broadcasts, videos and talking to people !

I may even record an audio podcast as well for those that are traveling and just want to listen !

Hopefully enough people see what I’m doing and listen and share!
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Dr. Gigglez

Here are some videos I’ve been making explaining the topics of my platform , plus changes to bylaws as well !

More coming out every Tuesday until the Tuesday of Coaster Con !
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Dr. Gigglez

Here is the video we broadcasted on Facebook today ! Sunday I’m going to upload a better quality version we recorded as well as the Business Meeting

*edit*

Won’t let me post it here for some reason! It’s on our Facebook page, it will be uploaded to YouTube on Sunday !

They were trying to hit me hard with questions! There were a lot of great questions, some the same but I honestly felt I handled well and a lot of people loved it !
  7. depotrat

depotrat

^The electronic ballot came to my email this week - so the voting/election has begun. Good Luck!!
  8. SFNEsros

SFNEsros Forum Leader

Listened to the video and casted my vote! I wish you luck josh and whomever win's hopefully improves ACE for the better!
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Dr. Gigglez

I paid a lot of attention to this Coaster Con and saw areas that need major improvement !

I’m sure heat and rain didn’t help, but I saw things that can be fixed.

One thing I’m going to do is bring people into the EC if I win in all kinds of ranges from young and old but want the newer and younger members involved all across the board!

We need to make sure people volunteer , help in committees and other avenues!

It will take everybody willing to get change going and get involved !

A lot of people are stepping down this year !
    • Like Like x 2
  10. msullivan1

msullivan1

You got my vote too! Best of luck!
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Dr. Gigglez

I truly appreciate all the support! it means a lot to me that those that have voted for me and in hopes I win to be trusted to do the right thing for the club! Though I was emailed by someone one during Con, that wanted to let me know they voted for me and it blew my mind that they did. One didn't know this certain someone was a member and you guys would never guess, but When I saw who it was, my mind was blown, I don't want to disclose who it is at the moment, but when I do and I'll explain who why and how at a later time, but its HUGE !

I am going to be recording a couple more election videos and be done with them and just keeping aware the people who haven't voted a chance to research. One video will be the Coaster Con Election stuff, my reactions and thoughts about it. I could go on for days about it, but so much great things came out of this week!

As for Coaster Con videos - I'm going to be editing the business meeting, a better version of the Speeches, I gotta go through all the footage and see how to put it together. The other video I'm going to make is the experience I have had in ACE because of being a newer member I got hit with the same question asked multiple times, just worded differently. There was really some legit questions asked, someone whom I do not get along with tried to embarrass me and didn't work. Plus the same person threw my winning bid papers at me after the banquet and was extra snotty and has been trashing me all through CON hahaha

I'm jsut not going to complain to ACE because I have bigger fish to fry and trying to win and change a lot of the stuff that we all agree need to be changed and then I can bring the new generation of ACERS to spotlight and get them in committees and stuff and help direct ace to the future!

I am going to be going on an uphill battle and getting all the newer and younger members motivated so we can recruit new members and brainstorm new ways with social media, marketing, broadcasting and getting stuff out to members faster, as well as make the National EVENTS fun again! Also if they are going to charge us this much money, We should be getting a value for it and all I heard was how stale and stagnant and bored they were! People let to go out to eat and do other stuff! Someone bailed on Six Flags America and didn't attend the plaque presentation and dedication for Wild One, that should have been there!

I did meet a lot of great people, saw old friends, tons of SFNEOnline Fans from all over the country! we all discussed what we loved, and what we wanted to see changed!

All that I typed doesn't even touch the tip of the iceberg of whats going to be talked about in the video hahaha. This is a teaser!
  12. mrceagle

mrceagle

I'm glad to hear that you were able to use the event as a learning experience as well as a good time. I'm hopping for the best.
  13. Dr. Gigglez

I'm glad as well it became a huge learning experience, but a lot of relationships were made, i learned a lot and gives me a bigger appreciation for the club then it did before!
    • Like Like x 2
  14. djcyberlegend

djcyberlegend Forum Leader

Tina & I cast our ballots yesterday - you've got our votes!
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Dr. Gigglez

I guess people were upset that I broadcasted the Election Speeches hahaha

Well according to someone which I will remain nameless, told someone I know that this particular person was upset and a lot of others I did this as it was not an official ace video without permission. The person could be blowing some up our butts or if there is more then 1 its people who were not going to vote for me and of course those against me want the other guy, which is fine and are trying everything they can to get me to lose. Maybe I'll lose, but IM fighting for the members, not the old ways!

I was recording a video today about the election and I just had to stop. The words weren't coming out right and I didn't want to throw people under the bus or make it sound like some crazy video. So, I deleted that video lol I'm already under a microscope and being watched at every turn at what I post anywhere! So its best I leave it certain topics alone! There is also no rule about broadcasting events. Those I spoke to before hearing this in the Executive committee loved that I did it, since there were a lot of fo views on it and proved to the membership my platform works!

I do honestly appreciate each and every one of you! Just even taking a few moments to read about me blabbing about the election or if you watch videos or supported, or even voted for me! I appreciate it!

There is a lot of behind the scenes stuff I have been working on within ACE in case of a loss, that still benefits the younger members and still commits to change that we want. Once the dust settles on this election and as I'm allowed to speak on these things, I will! Also, this week on the Grove Show is going to be odd because I have to broadcast one of two ways. lol Either on my laptop providing the hotel internet is good enough to broadcast or thru my cellphone to use my data! So if I use my phone it won't look like a regular show, but will still be a grove show, but ill be broadcasting from the PINTASTIC Pinball Show hotel Wednesday night instead of Thursday!
    • Like Like x 1