1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

King's Dominion Park Discussion

Discussion in 'Worldwide Park Discussions' started by speedygonzales, Jul 17, 2012.

1. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

I can't wait to ride this one, meanstreak and the proposed kennywood one which i think will be topper track since they love woodies. Thanks for the pics Kyle, hope you a had a great time there. :)
  2. Bizarperman

Bizarperman

IMG_4459.JPG IMG_4390.JPG @xsarabella and I had a blast. We will be back many more times.
  3. SROS Master

SROS Master

Or perhaps this was what they had in mind the whole time. By waiting for the RMC fad to die down a bit before taking their turn.

I truly think their RMCs are going to top Six Flags.
  4. depotrat

depotrat

It is a top notch park. We were there last fall and had a good time. What a great way to kick off your season!!
  5. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

Aerial footage of the hurler transformation.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chase Hathorne

Chase Hathorne

So I might be going to Kings Dominion later this summer. Anybody got any tips for the park and where should I sit on I305 on my first ride to get the best experience?
  7. canobie#1

canobie#1

Front or back rows....you can't go wrong. It's a ride that you gotta ride more than once.

As for other rides, Volcano, Grizzly and Dominator are better in the front row.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. xsarabella

xsarabella

Personally for me, the front on i305 was more intense as I *almost* grayed out after the first drop for the first time ever on any coaster. Before that I had rode the middle and towards the back and didn't come close to graying out. Still an intense ride but towards the front was more intense for me.

Love KD though. It's a great park!
  9. Mikeokay

Mikeokay

Volcano is usually a significantly longer wait on Volcano, but it genuinely is worth the extra time.

I-305 I would say front row for the first ride, and then try to stop back for a back seat ride after you recover.
  10. SROS Master

SROS Master

Havnt done much at Kings Domion, but based on what I observed, I would do Volcano and Flight of Fear first, then Intimidator. I personally recommend the back row for Intimidator.
  11. xsarabella

xsarabella

You can literally ride intimidator at any time of the day and there won't be a significant wait. Most times it's a station wait. The capacity of that ride is fantastic!

Volcano on the other hand has terrible capacity and you absolutely must do it in the first hour of opening or you're gonna spend all afternoon waiting. It's worth the wait but I get cranky if I have to wait for anything longer than 30 minutes for any coaster in any park.
  12. koasterkid

koasterkid

Here come the leaks! Looks legit to me based on the logo and train design but could still be fake. Looks pretty awesome!
    20 airtime hills...
    IMG_7270.PNG
    IMG_7271.PNG
    • Like Like x 2
  13. SFNEsros

SFNEsros Forum Leader

^ That looks legit to me!
  14. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

Looks like the same coaster as storm chaser. I didn't really care for storm chaser, i thought it was the weakest rmc ive been on and Wicked cyclone is much better. I will be riding twisted timbers next year as part of my new rmc coaster tour.
  15. depotrat

depotrat

^Yep we rode it this summer and Storm Chaser is an inferior cousin to WC. Hopefully, this will be better.