1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Kings Island thread

Discussion in 'Worldwide Park Discussions' started by BizarroAj, Jul 31, 2013.

1. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/news/kings-island-to-unveil-new-attraction/nY8zm/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/new ... ion/nY8zm/</a>

2. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

For people that don't get the clue, the pic of the comb. Here's what wikipedia has on the word Banshee! :D

3. tge98

tge98

I can't wait, Banshee sounds like a coaster that reaches high speeds but I doubt they will get another hyper so quick
  4. mrceagle

mrceagle

I have been hearing rumors of a Large scale inverted coaster.

good to see there is news starting to come out.
  5. SROS Master

SROS Master

I am hoping for a B&M giga, since Leviathan has proven a very successful ride.
  6. CannonballLover

CannonballLover

Cedar Fair addition announcements August 8th!

Cedar Fair is planning to announce the new rides and attractions on Thursday, August 8. What do you think will be added?

ADMIN EDIT: I merged your thread with the Kings Island thread. See my post below for details.
  7. MetsFan

MetsFan Forum Leader

Re: Cedar Fair addition announcements August 8th!

Concrete and trash cans.
  8. CannonballLover

CannonballLover

Wait.. are you kidding me? :lol:
  9. koasterkid

koasterkid

Looks like by next Thursday, KI means today :D

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jutM1lIZ1A0&feature=c4-overview&list=UUuIibmvgwH0kssDdmne0p3Q" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jutM1lIZ ... sDdmne0p3Q</a>

Looks like an invert to me with 7-8 inversions.
  10. WiCy#1

WiCy#1 Administrator

Cedar Fair doesn't announce things like Six Flags does. The August 8th announcement is just for Kings Island. We've been discussing this here:
    <a class="postlink-local" href="http://sfneonline.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=1341" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=37&t=1341</a>
  11. speedygonzales

speedygonzales

I think it is foolish for King's Island to have another B&M mega coaster. I know Behemoth at Canada's Wonderland focuses on airtime whereas Leviathan focuses more on speed, but come on - give me 1 Intamin & 1 B&M...the two coasters are too similar for me.

Personally, I also think it is foolish for King's Island to get a B&M invert. It's not like they don't have an invert - they have a suspended swinging non-looping coaster and the Vekoma Invertigo - that is plenty. Inverted coasters were big in the 90's - it will be 2014.

I don't think it's smart for them to get a B&M wing though since Cedar Point just got one - company should want to have different experiences at those parks even though it's not like they are that close. Make people in that area want to go to Cedar Point and spend more $$.

I would not do an inverting woodie again, at least not yet, due to Son of Beast diaster.

Park already has a flying coaster and 2 LIM coasters (Flight of Fear & Stunt Track).

I think the park should get a B&M floorless with the most inversions in the United States.

The park is already so well-balanced except for an updated looping coaster (I hear Vortex is great but it hurts)...

we'll see Thursday!! I can't wait :D
  12. MetsFan

MetsFan Forum Leader

Well based on the plans in that video, isn't it really all but confirmed it's an invert? I gotta say Speedy, I disagree with you about inverts not being popular anymore. If they keep building them taller/faster, they're still going to have appeal. I love inverts to be honest.
  13. speedygonzales

speedygonzales

I see what you are saying, but I could hear the general public saying (even if it breaks a height or inversion record, etc.) "Cedar Point got that in the 90s'" etc. etc. Instead of getting an inverted, King's Island should build a wing, but let that be their next coaster in 3-4 years; next year build something else & skip the invert altogether. Again, they already have 2...
  14. mrceagle

mrceagle

CP gettign it in the 90's is exactly why KI doesn't have one. CP had a no compete clause on the Inverted B&M.

Inverteds are still very popular and the family suspended is just that a family coaster. and the invertigo is likely going to be relocated or dumped after. but with your reasoning above SFNE shouldn't have added Superman or batman because they had Boomerang.
  15. mrceagle

mrceagle

I suspect we will see the park take a rest after a coaster last year. I woudl think they woudl focus on the resort or adding an attraction to the water park.