1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Knoebels Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Worldwide Park Discussions' started by BizarroAj, Jan 8, 2013.

1. CannonballLover

CannonballLover

This is, quite honestly, the best post I've ever read on this website.

I've (sadly) never been to Knoebels, but I can already tell it'd be my favorite amusement park. A perfect balance of old and new, and cheap prices, and simply stunning wooden coasters, not only to ride, but look at, Knoebels really has it all.

Phoenix is a hidden treasure. I wonder what people thought when Dick bought the ride in the 80's. I wonder if people thought it was worth it. Clearly it ended up a huge win for the park.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. canobie#1

canobie#1

Knoebels is certainly a special place and it impressed me a lot more the second time around! Twister and Phoenix are a ledgenday 1-2 punch!
  3. depotrat

depotrat

We ran into Knoebels early in our time in this hobby. Casey was about 12 and it was our first overnight coaster trip. Coaster Tony, who we met at LC and who many of you may know, was talking to us and suggested a weekend trip of Knoebels, Hershey and Dorney.

We like Hershey and Dorney but fell in love with Knoebels. We had no idea how unique Knoebels was since we hadn't done much in the hobby yet. Now 14 years later we try to get there every year. We have our favorite rides, our favorite foods, and just love the way we are treated there by a great staff.

We now are the "Coaster Tony's" telling every young enthusiast that they need to go to Knoebels!
  4. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

I actually found knoebels by accident as i was on my way to cedar point back in 1999 and saw the billboard off I-80 so we ended up stopping there. I have been every year since then. I think the biggest draw for me is the awesome food at rock bottom prices. I love a good breakfast to start my day and knoebels is one of the only parks i know of that has full service breakfast starting at 8am, so you get to walk through an empty park. Sometimes we bring a gas grill and cook out in the picnic groves or we go to the alamo restaurant which is really good. How many other parks can you bring your pet inside or bring a fishing pole in and fish in the river that runs through the park? :)
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. msullivan1

msullivan1

I went for the first time last year. My dad, who is not as much of an enthusiast as I am, was worried that it would be not worth the 3.5 hour drive, but he was definitely proved wrong :) I hope to go back sometime soon!
  6. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

New food items for 2018.