1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Knoebels Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Worldwide Park Discussions' started by BizarroAj, Jan 8, 2013.

1. djcyberlegend

djcyberlegend Forum Leader

Tina & I were supposed to go Friday nightbbut a huge snafu with Hertz put an end to those plans, didn’t get out there until about 2 AM...
  2. canobie#1

canobie#1

It was definitely busy but not as insane as last year (crowds wise) Never waited anymore than 15 minutes for Phoenix and Twister and that was for the front.

What was insane was the rides we got on both Phoenix and Twister. Twister and Phoenix got re-tracked this year and they are running so fast! On top of that the amazing operations helped the wheels stay hot!

The ERT on friday night consisted of Phoenix, the much improved haunted antique cars and the amazing flying turns tour.

I really wish Downdraft, Wipeout and 1001 Nachts stayed open for PPP. The park is packed and they could use every ride they have.
  3. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

I guess the park is giving up on over the top since they have a tombstone with its name on it! :mad:
  4. mrceagle

mrceagle

Seems that way. But to my understanding is they have not managed to get ti up and running all season.
  5. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

RIP Downdraft

[​IMG]

RIP Over the Top

[​IMG]

Love the paint job, pics from knoebels connoisseurs fb page

[​IMG]
  6. tge98

tge98

I can totally understand seeing over the top removed, it was almost never open. I did get on it once on one of my visits but the other several times it was closed. I think it would've been a really cool ride if they could've gotten it running, it was really unique sensation.

Down draft is a bummer, but I'd assume it was getting very costly to maintain. I don't know anything about their 2019 plans but I'd hope they get something cool after losing two unique flats.
    • Like Like x 3
  7. canobie#1

canobie#1

OMG that skooter is gorgeous!!!!

Over the Top was a cool ride, sad it never worked. It's fate wait sealed at PPP when it's tombstone saying "Over the Top 2017-2018" was revealed on the train ride. Ran very well but those leg restraints gave off a very claustrophobic feeling.

I'm really sad about Downdraft but honestly, that thing was crazy loud. Would love to see a Sky Diver at this park.
  8. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

new for 2019 :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  9. mrceagle

mrceagle

Nice, Both look fun that SBF Mini Break dance looks fun.
  10. CodyFitz

CodyFitz

What model is the second ride there?
  11. mrceagle

mrceagle

Looks like an old fashioned Hurberts Hurricane ride.
  12. CodyFitz

CodyFitz

I’ve never seen one but that looks really fun! I’m assuming that’s replacing Downdraft?

The mini-breakdance is super cool too! It’d be awesome if they got a full one but no one seems to really want to work with HUSS ever again, for good reason.
  13. mrceagle

mrceagle

Huss needs to build a parts where house in north America if they expect parks to keep their rides or install new ones.
  14. CodyFitz

CodyFitz

Agreed, I don’t know about other parks but TGE’s Condor is down all the time. I would assume others are too.
  15. mrceagle

mrceagle

Canobie had seen a lot of down time with Xreeme Frisbee and SFNE has seen some issues with their Frisbee but they don't run it s hard.