1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Lake Compounce discussion thread

Discussion in 'New England Parks Discussion' started by BizarroAj, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Lifthill

Lifthill

The new cars for American Flyers are looking good in this new LC Instagram photo. Ready for all accomplished and would be aces and Top Gun pilots.

[​IMG]
    • Like Like x 4
  2. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

They look awesome, nice job by the park. It looks like they took down the backdrops or is it because the angle the pic was taken?
  3. koasterkid

koasterkid

^it was taken from that area, you can see the maintenance building and security building in the background.

I like the cars on the right, but the orange on that one car seems a bit off to me. Not sure if I like the look of that car.
  4. Lifthill

Lifthill

From the Doc Popcorn LC Facebook pg. New picture of an exterior sign added in front of Doc Popcorn's new location in the former Graveyard Golf game area.

IMG_0207.JPG
    • Like Like x 1
  5. koasterkid

koasterkid

I am sure it won't look bad, but doesn't really fit the theme too well, not sure how it will look from a distance. Ghost Hunt is now going to smell like coffee and popcorn now. :D
  6. Lifthill

Lifthill

It does seem difficult to notice. Hopefully they'll add a backlit sign on top of the entrance, like Dunkin Donuts has nearby. I'm kinda wondering what a combo coffee/popcorn aroma will be like as well.
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  7. xsarabella

xsarabella

Probably like every office building in America lol.
  8. Lifthill

Lifthill

^Actually, the sign does have that turn of the century look, which would be reflective of the front entrance and Main St theming. Still, it does seem easy to miss.
  9. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

^have you been by the park lately? I think Boulderdash has to be testing by now with the park opening soon. They should also be done with wildcat soon so they can start testing the new trains.
  10. Lifthill

Lifthill

^I rode by the park today and the only thing I saw was a person with a shovel digging inside that new circle of wooden poles near the Bayou Bay Wave Pool. Surprisingly, there doesn't appear to be anything new with either WC or BD this week. I haven't seen or heard any testing. They could be testing BD, just not when I've been by, plus the view from the road is limited. The Wave Swinger and American Flyers are looking good.

There's still a lot of digging and bulldozing work going on in the south end.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. mrceagle

mrceagle

I can think of worst things.
  12. Lifthill

Lifthill

Here's a recient aerial and colorful view of the park. Wildcat looks interesting with its current two tone layout.

Photo courtesy thanks to Jimmy Kapusnik of Bristol Talks.
    IMG_0208.JPG
    • Like Like x 1
  13. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

I will be heading to the park tomorrow to get some pics and hopefully video of bd testing. :)
  14. Lifthill

Lifthill

It'll be great if you can get into the park. If your planning on finding a parking spot by the road, good luck because tomorrow's the Spring Car Swap Meet and people going to that usually park all up and down Lake Ave/Mt. Vernon Rd.

Something else I noticed today. Down in the south end where all the earth moving is occurring, there's an earthen berm being built along the side of the railroad track on the opposite side of the lake. It resembles street curbing but about ten times bigger.
  15. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

Oh yea i forgot about that, thanks for reminding me.:mad: