1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Lake Compounce discussion thread

Discussion in 'New England Parks Discussion' started by BizarroAj, Oct 13, 2010.

1. CannonballLover

CannonballLover

Man, seems like this park has had a rough season.
  2. depotrat

depotrat

^Very rough for Wildcat. The park is only open on weekdays two more weeks this year and Wildcat hasn't opened yet.
  3. Chase Hathorne

Chase Hathorne

Having a great time at the park for the first time today. Boulder Dash is absolutely epic. Cracked my top 3 behind STR and El Toro. Phobia was awesome as well. Some really good positive G's and a couple nice pops of ejector. Love this park!
    • Like Like x 3
  4. koasterkid

koasterkid

Be sure to ride in 6-1 and the front at night later. Might move up further in your ranks. :D
  5. Chase Hathorne

Chase Hathorne

Tried it in the front. It's probably a dead heat between STR and this for my #2 spot. Still not as good as the insanity that is El Toro but it's close.
    --- Double Post Merged ---
    Sorry for the double post but it's absolutely bonkers at night.
    • Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2017 at 9:11 PM
  6. CanobieCoaster

CanobieCoaster

That's exactly why I go to the Haunted Graveyard every year. Amazing haunt but the real reason is a few hours of Boulder Dash at night.
  7. koasterkid

koasterkid

Work has begun on replacing the top layer of track on the turnaround on Wildcat. Maybe it will be open on national roller coaster day? Probably not but there is a chance.

Only ride on the closed list was Thunder Rapids, Pirate ship reopened as well.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. depotrat

depotrat

We are at the park right now. Big crowd today. BD is 30-40 mins because as usual only one train even though the line is past the pagoda.

On the good side we took advantage of the season pass $5 Skycoaster ride. Can't beat that price.
  9. mrceagle

mrceagle

Didn't even know they had a $5 sky coaster ride with pass. can a second rider get in on that price also?
  10. depotrat

depotrat

^Yep but you need the coupon from the season pass page on their website.

We finished the night there with a front seat night ride on Boulder Dash. It was our best coaster ride of the year!! Nothing beats BD at night!!
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Lifthill

Lifthill

IMG_0239.PNG

This is the promotion. I've never seen this price lower. I haven't used it yet this season so I'm not sure if each rider has to have this to get the discount or if it could be combined with someone's "Bring a Buddy Pass". Might want to call ahead first.
  12. koasterkid

koasterkid

It's a pretty good deal especially for a single ride. Seems like it would be a lot more fun/scary if you are by yourself. I've been on it before so not in a hurry to go back on but it's very fun.
  13. depotrat

depotrat

I gave them my pass and the coupon and we both rode. I brought another coupon and Casey had her pass but they didn't ask. Note - it has to be a diamond or platinum pass. Summer Pass level does not qualify.
  14. mrceagle

mrceagle

My brother has a Diamond pass in fact the trip is Wednesday to take advantage of the Buddy pass.
  15. depotrat

depotrat

^Print the coupon and you should be all set. IMO $10 for two on the skycoaster is the best perk LC has ever given to SP holders! It isn't the tallest one around but it is fun and you can't beat that price.