1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Lake Compounce discussion thread

Discussion in 'New England Parks Discussion' started by BizarroAj, Oct 13, 2010.

1. MarkIacino

MarkIacino

Just spitballing here... Could you guys see a mountain coaster (like the ones they put at ski resorts) coming to LC to replace the sky ride? Obviously it would have to be an upcharge ride considering their capacities. I cant really think of anything else they can do with their mountain side.
  2. Lifthill

Lifthill

^
    I think the park would again have to address a lot of similar issues with a mountain coaster as they did with Skyride, i.e., safe and quick evacuation off the mountain, people starting fires, effective medical response for emergencies, etc. They would need to be able to have access to a wider ride footprint than with Skyride. I doubt that the course would take a coaster straight down the mountain because it would go too fast but zigzagging it's way to the bottom might work. The mountain also could be home to more traditional metal coasters that take advantage of the sloping terrain as well.
  3. canobie#1

canobie#1

A mountain coaster is not happening. The capacity on those things is attrocious.

I would love to see a terrain raptor track coaster go somewhere on the mountain but even that's a long shot.
  4. koasterkid

koasterkid

If they are afraid to run a skyride, there is no way they will ever put in a mountain coaster like that.

I agree with canobie#1 about a raptor coaster that goes behind the rapids, would be pretty cool. I don't think anything will be built down there for a few more years though.

I feel like a raptor coaster would be a good fit for the park though. Either that or one of those chance hyper gtx coasters would be neat.
  5. mrceagle

mrceagle

I love the creativity. wouldn't really work. the accent is very steep and most mountain coaster only us the shallower accent of the mountain side. Sadly I think any replacement will only be able to use a fraction of the mountains height.
  6. Lifthill

Lifthill

The centerpiece display for Halloween is up in the main entrance past the tunnel. In case anyone missed it last year, the main battle tank is back. So far it's the only prop set up in the round flower garden area. It's still too early to tell if they'll keep the same theme as last season.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

^i hope to make it over there this weekend and i will get some pics.
  8. mrceagle

mrceagle

Good to hear. Would be nice to get back to haunted graveyard. I haven't been in a long time.
  9. MarkIacino

MarkIacino

I just realized that no news stations caught wind of Boulderdash crashing. Funny that Joker making e-stops makes the news and a coaster actually crashing doesn't. LC dodged a bullet with that one haha
  10. depotrat

depotrat

Channel 3 Hartford had a whole story on it on the noon news the nest day.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. koasterkid

koasterkid

Yeah they covered it up pretty well, I'm surprised nobody that was there reported it to the media. I guess even if a coaster stops with people on it, that is more news worthy than two empty trains colliding.

I saw a trip advisor review from last week that said BD was down for scheduled maintenance so that is what they must have been telling people. They kept it pretty well hidden from the GP.
  12. mrceagle

mrceagle

I saw a few news reports on my news feed but It wasn't picked up locally. neither has the SFI problems. but they ate up that Sky ride event at TGE.
  13. depotrat

depotrat

^Well it may not have been picked up locally in print, but as I said previously, Channel 3 in Hartford was all over it as a local story.
  14. mrceagle

mrceagle

No I'm saying it was picked up in Print. but only locally. It didn't get into the Boston papers of the Boston news station and it didn't get picked up by any news outlet in NH. Basically saying it never really left the area.
  15. koasterkid

koasterkid

Pretty good day at the park today, was a little busy later on but nothing more than a one train wait for anything. Got 32 rides on BD, was shooting for more but had to start walking around for a while.

IMG_7620.JPG
    IMG_7643.JPG
    IMG_7644.JPG
    I'm not really a hat person, but these are mad cool.
    IMG_7647.JPG

Only thing that annoyed me was one of the BD ops who showed up later on was going way too crazy with the restraints and was basically slamming them down as far as they could go. If the restraint is already touching me, I don't want it down further lol. I had to swap to the other side for the rest of the day so I wasn't stapled. Pretty annoying.

Ghost Hunt apparently had its fire alarm going off and holy cow is it loud! I heard it from BD's photo booth and I had no idea what it was. They must have evacuated people or had people walk out themselves because I saw cars with scores coming back after they reset the ride. Really want to walk through Ghost Hunt sometime!

Wildcat appeared to have wood and supplies around the infield again, no idea what they are doing. Maybe it will be up in October? It was open on and off for less than a week this year lol.

Wave Swinger was awesome, definitely the best ride of it's type I've been on. The initial start up doesn't seem as fast as before, but it still goes as fast and it's really intense.

The boocifer animatronic doesn't have its sound on for some reason, it would be really cool if they got a decent set of speakers for it that you could hear. Doesn't seem to come out as often anymore.

Also on BD, there is a spot that is about as rough as the triple up was last year. It's the ending of the straight section after the double down and hill about 1/4 through the ride. That section always seemed rough but it's been getting really bad.
    • Like Like x 1