1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Lake Compounce discussion thread

Discussion in 'New England Parks Discussion' started by BizarroAj, Oct 13, 2010.

1. CanobieCoaster

CanobieCoaster

^ Glad to hear they will have two trains, but are they still only going to run one on any given day?
  2. Sluggo77

Sluggo77

One train operations on one of if not the best wooden coaster in the world just doesn’t cut it. Really wish that Jerry would go back to two trains on a regular basis. I do understand trying to cut down on maintenance but that shouldn’t affect the guest experience.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. CannonballLover

CannonballLover

Anyone know how attendance has been with SFNE competing with rides operating? I wouldn't be surprised to hear if attendance has gone down a bit.
    --- Double Post Merged ---
    And I completely agree with this. LC had a bad year, let's just hope that it's actually worth buying a new train or repairing the old one.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

^Sfne doesn't release attendance numbers but i spoke with jenn at media day and she said the park is doing very well. I've been there twice so far and both times the park was packed. I plan to be there on Friday weather pending and will see if the trend is continuing.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. mrceagle

mrceagle

SFNE has since 2000 pulled numbers that were 25 to 5o % better then LC and Canobie. Much of this is simply do to capacity and overall draw but they has shifted back and forth a bit. Trends have shifted a bit more to staycations for the longest time helping all local attraction but that trend has slowed a bit and people are traveling further out again.

LC had a rough year but attendance seemed steady on my trips not very busy but not bad. I visited mid week on my trips and SFNE on the same mid week visits was not any busier.