1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Lake Compounce discussion thread

Discussion in 'New England Parks Discussion' started by BizarroAj, Oct 13, 2010.

1. canobie#1

canobie#1

I never understood why the park decided to make T&L's cycle so short. The ride has ridiculous capacity and it never has a line, let people enjoy it!
  2. depotrat

depotrat

^^I’ve never really “got” Canobie. I know I’m coaster-centric so that is probably why. YC is ok but not enough to make the trip worth it.

Without BD I would probably feel similarly about LC.
  3. Wickedjohnny24

Wickedjohnny24

Dont get me wrong i like canobie because it reminds me of the old rocky point park. but i do agree with you mostly on everything. But with the hope of expansion with lc canobie will need to get something big to save that park eventualy.
  4. skiburkesurfjay

skiburkesurfjay

Canobie doesn't need "saving" at all. It's great for local people, and even people over 2 hours away. They're in the midst of their largest expansion since park opening, I would call that "something big".
    • Like Like x 2
  5. koasterkid

koasterkid

Phobia is getting an on-ride photo booth and will be located in the center of the snack stand across from it. Hopefully they will make a cool sign for the booth.
    4F24C25F-B150-4316-AB15-B06ADE2CBEF1.jpeg

I noticed a few more speakers were added around the main entrance, two were added in the windows at the front entrance buildings.

The boocifer animatronic was using the two speakers just added in the front and was perfect, awesome that they are maintaining it.

Wildcat is back up and a little bit of work was done with the wiring for the lights but they are still not done and won’t be for a few weeks.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. mrceagle

mrceagle

I agree BD puts LC on the map and gets it world wide attention. Canobie doesn't have anything on that scale. Yes Untamed is unique but it's not on the scale of BD.
    Like @skiburkesurfjay mentioned Canobie is perfectly safe. They are Financially sound and save up for additions, they do not finance new attractions. Six Flags is more of a threat them LC in this area. Up until a couple years ago you didn't even see LC commercials in this area not you see them flip flopped with Story land Commercials. Canobie has a few spots they can expand into behind Untamed, the old Train loop, and a small spot here and there.

To be more specific to LC their Expansion area is very mush focused on the water park. outside of the sky ride area there are only a few small plots to use for anything new. Outside of relocating or removing graveyard they have little area for park expansion. Which is an issue with all 3 of the big parks in New England they need to consider removing something to add something.
    I know they have a lower ride count them Canobie and SFNE why not run what they have to its best potential.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

i was at the park today for a few hours and the park really needs to add some misters or sprinklers around the park! The heat was brutal and everyone was in the waterpark making the rides walkons. Wildcat has a couple bumpy spots but is still fun.
  8. mrceagle

mrceagle

This is a horrible day to be out water park or no water park.
  9. heatherrrrz

heatherrrrz

Was at the lake yesterday from 1:30-8. No lines for pretty much any of the dry rides, everyone was in the water park. We waited 45 minutes for mammoth falls though, their operations on this water ride were super slow. The mat racers had hardly any line. Rode Boulder Dash in front seat of blue train and the wheels were lifting off the track on the lift hill and the person I was with said he felt them lifting up on the regular coaster part too. The two in the seats behind us definitely felt the lifting as well.
  10. dschu

dschu

@heatherrrrz , you understand the concept of Up-Stop wheels, correct?
    • Like Like x 1
  11. heatherrrrz

heatherrrrz

This wasn't normal, I've been on Boulder Dash probably 15 times since I was a child and I have never ONCE sat in the front front and felt the wheels lifting off the track. I've been on other roller coasters and the wheels never lift the cart OFF the track.
  12. dschu

dschu

The front car always does that on Boulder, I’ve felt it every time.
  13. depotrat

depotrat

BD wobbles a bit on the ascent. Nothing to worry about. I remember a few years ago a woman went crazy on the ops about it and they actually shut down for a bit to check it out. Casey and I still laugh about it because one person, who knew nothing, managed to screw up the day for hundreds of riders.
  14. MetsFan

MetsFan Forum Leader

Totally normal. If that freaks you out then you should probably never ride Comet at Great Escape. You wobble up the lift, and then if you watch on the turn arounds (and airtime hills though its hard to see), the front wheels are totally off the track at some points.

You probably never noticed on BD because if you sit in the front you can’t see the wheels lifting under you. Sit in one of the rear cars and you can watch the front cars lift off.
    • Like Like x 2
  15. CanobieCoaster

CanobieCoaster

Does anyone know what happened to Down Time? It's currently listed as down for maintenance on their website.