1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Never Ending Pointless Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Dr. Gigglez, Oct 3, 2010.

1. nitro1118

nitro1118

Huge thanks for this suggestion! Just booked my room last night. My girlfriend found a way to move her schedule around so I will be staying two nights there since she can split the hotel costs with me. I have also fit a few hours of SFA into our plans for the trip back.

Any suggestions for either park? We will be at KD on Wednesday the 23rd and SFA on the 24th.
  2. depotrat

depotrat

OK I can tell you what we have done. If you are trying to get all the credits at KD start with Volcano. The line there can be brutal. Flight of Fear is also a line issue. Best rides at SFA are Wild One and SROS. Apocalypse can be a long wait, so at opening might help. Riding all the coasters at both parks in a one day visit is do-able. Being at these parks on weekdays should help too.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. nitro1118

nitro1118

Ok great, I will definitely hit Volcano and FoF first, then start a mini-marathon of I305. At SFA, since I went on Apocalypse while it was at SFGAm, I will probably just head to S:RoS and Batwing first and feel out the line for Apocalypse at some point. I am not too concerned about that credit.

Thanks again!
  4. canobie#1

canobie#1

Roughing out the rain at valleyfair today!!!
    Stopping by mall of America too!

Mount Olympus yesterday was.....interesting...
  5. depotrat

depotrat

^We found Hades great and all the rest a bit blah. We went last summer on $15 tickets. Any more than that would probably not be worth it.
  6. Sluggo77

Sluggo77

Just signed up for ROTB and Oc~Bolder~Fest. First time attending both. Really looking forward to it. Who else is going?
  7. dschu

dschu

I'm trying to get to ROTB... gotta get my crap together lol.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. DJReady999

DJReady999

Can't get to ROTB this year :/ too many concerts and festivals around that time so takin off a weekend wouldn't be a good Idea
  9. skiburkesurfjay

skiburkesurfjay

I had a fun day at Dorney yesterday. Demon Drop was closed all day. Also, their water rides are brutal. They don't joke around when they say you'll get wet. The rapids ride has about 12 waterfalls, and the log flume.. I went into a rapids section, hit the water and it turned into a wall and soaked the entire boat. Wettest log flume ever.
  10. SFNEsros

SFNEsros Forum Leader

Me and my GF are going again (I've been to all of them so far) for Riding of the Bull, were leaving after dinner and heading to Ocean City for the new coaster or to MD and going to six flags america on sunday mix up the trip alittle this year. We were gonna go to Oc~Bolder~Fest also but I decided to save some money lol
  11. depotrat

depotrat

Maybe Playland @ Ocean City will have the third new coaster they promised for 2016 open by ROTB time. Whirlwind actually opened in 2016, Gale Force opened 2017, Wild Waves is starting to look like 2018! LOL They say it is ready, just waiting inspection but that was 5 weeks ago
    • Like Like x 1
  12. SFNEsros

SFNEsros Forum Leader

I'm not expecting it to be open, if it is that would be nice, We might just skip Playland all together if its not because were already gonna get to MD late as it is.
  13. depotrat

depotrat

^We were in and out of Playland in 25 mins and rode the two new coasters that were open. Getting to the park took longer than the riding. LOL
  14. skiburkesurfjay

skiburkesurfjay

It's still not open as of now. I dropped by the park to ride Gale Force and it certainly is an interesting ride. It was fun though!
  15. SFNEsros

SFNEsros Forum Leader

I have the Cedar Point announcement on one side of my screen and the silver dollar city on the other side
    • Like Like x 1