1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Never Ending Pointless Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Dr. Gigglez, Oct 3, 2010.

1. depotrat

depotrat

That one is near the zoo but you don't go in the zoo. The rides are in a separate area. There is a free parking lot on 111th @ 52nd. Just go down the stairs out of the lot and the rides are right there. Easy in easy out as long as you can find a spot to park. Congrats on the 8oth!
  2. msullivan1

msullivan1

Thanks!
  3. djcyberlegend

djcyberlegend Forum Leader

Been away from the forum for a while so I have a boatload of catching up to do...

But - my favorite food deal of the year is back!
  4. DJReady999

DJReady999

IMG_1514.JPG
    I'm at a loss of words... this one hurts a lot more then Cornell and Chester
    • Like Like x 4
  5. Mr Scary

Mr Scary

^ I worked that show, he was damn good
    • Like Like x 1
  6. depotrat

depotrat

Tough to see this. I am now at the age that many of the musicians, actors, athletes etc. I grew up with are passing away. This is one more. Sigh...........
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  7. tge98

tge98

Wow.. it has been a crazy two weeks. Last weekend I went to dorney for the first time. Then this weekend was the annual tour trip for our Theme Park Engineering group. We got a tour of Busch Gardens Williamsburg. (Invadr and Verbolten.) So I got all the coasters in at Busch, and on the way home we stopped at Kings Dominion. Wow a ton of new coasters in a short amount of time. If I have time this week I'll give a more thorough review. But I305 is an amazing coaster, and I fell in love with apollo's chariot.
  8. depotrat

depotrat

So Oct 13-14 will be the last overnight coaster trip of the year for us. We will go into NY first with a Mountain Coaster at Holiday Valley Resort Friday morning, then Pumpkin Fest at Conneaut Lake Park Friday afternoon and finish the day at Cedar Point Friday night, We haven't been to CP in 5 years so there are some new credits there for us. On the ride home Saturday we will stop at Knoebels for our annual visit there. It will be a ton of driving but we think it will be worth it.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Mr Scary

Mr Scary

sounds like an epic Octcoasterfest
  10. Dr. Gigglez

Dr. Gigglez Administrator Forum Leader

Anybody going to RIComic Con next month?
  11. msullivan1

msullivan1

Last carnival of the year!
    07DFA7AD-27A4-423B-BE5C-07F067E48986.jpeg
  12. depotrat

depotrat

Where is that carnival? Any coaster adults can ride?
    --- Double Post Merged ---
    We got home late last night from this trip. We had a good time with most going well. Happy Valley Resorts Sky Flyer Mountain Coaster was the most boring of the type we have ever ridden. The resort itself though was very nice! Conneaut Lake Park actually looked nice with all the vendors there for Pumpkin Fest. What a comeback for that park!! It was almost closed so many times. It was hopping for this festival and we were there at 2 PM Friday! Their Blue Streak coaster needs some work again but we were happy to help support this park. Cedar Point disappointed us some by not having all the coasters open. In talking with some locals we discovered that is almost always the case on Friday nights of the Halloween season. That is just wrong. Rougarou, Corkscrew, Wicked Twister, TTD (we knew it was down) and Gemini never opened. Valraven, Iron Dragon and Magnum opened very late. We had no interest in some of those but by being closed it pushed the crowd to make massive lines at the coasters that were open.

We had Fastlane and still only managed 9 rides in the 6 hours the park was open and we were not stopping to eat or anything it was just riding. Without Fastlane it probably would have been 3 or 4 at best. As for the riding, MF at night was just awesome!! This was our first time on Maverick since they changed the restraints. What a difference!! We both loved it and it is now a top 10 coaster for us. Night time rides in the Halloween fog were incredible. Gatekeeper and Valraven were new to us. Both were fun. Sheikra and Griffon are both better than Valraven though. Gatekeeper is our favorite wing coaster now, vastly superior to the Holiday World and Dollywood versions.

Knoebels on Saturday was busy but not crazy like the reports from PPP last weekend. Phoenix had two trains going. The line was well out in the midway but even a front seat ride was only 15-20 min wait. Twister was one train but the line was almost in the station. Flying Turns had a long line but we did it right at opening to avoid that. We also got the Flyers, Skooters, and Grand Carousel in our 3.5 hours there. It was a short visit but it seems you always leave Knoebels happy. Maybe it was all the decadent food we ate there. LOL
    • Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  13. msullivan1

msullivan1

It was a very small carnival in New Caanan CT with only one cred (a kiddie coaster). On the plus side, they had some cool flats including a Scat and a Rollo Plane. The last day was yesterday :(
  14. sfnecoolkid

sfnecoolkid

Super fun video about the science of midway games
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Mr Scary

Mr Scary

thats pretty cool^