1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Never Ending Pointless Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Dr. Gigglez, Oct 3, 2010.

1. koasterkid

koasterkid

Yeah just saw that, guess I’ll be getting in line before that for one more. Depending on weather and if they actually put a second train on, maybe I’ll stay another day but not sure.

I’m probably 2-3 trains from the stairs right now.

Annnddd it just went down. Lol
    Last edited: May 30, 2018
  2. depotrat

depotrat

This hobby can be so frustrating at times!! Hang in there.
  3. koasterkid

koasterkid

Just got off front row, my brother snagged a second ride with my dad so I’m a little jeleous. Easily the best ride here and probably the world.
  4. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

Did you notice the midcourse brake slowing it down? I know someone thats been there since Saturday and has ridden it every day and he said there's no difference in speed after the midcourse brake.
  5. koasterkid

koasterkid

It 100% is being trimmed but it’s not that bad, I saw one get trimmed pretty badly but ours went decently fast. I’m probably gonna get back in line before they close it for the day, I’ll kee an eye on what they are doing later too if anything.

Blackjack is also missing a lot of parts and I’m guessing it is the parts donor train. I saw wheel assemblies missing and other parts missing. I doubt they will run 3 trains this season.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

The midcourse brake has no bearing on the final brake run it's only there for 3 trains to run safely.
  7. koasterkid

koasterkid

I saw an IOE employee heading to SV on my way out, definitly something going on. I probably won’t be staying but hope that they get two trains running for CM.
  8. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

Im at knoebels today and impulse and over the top are closed.:mad:
  9. msullivan1

msullivan1

Darn! How is Phoenix running?
  10. depotrat

depotrat

^^Screamscape is reporting that the Knoebels website is announcing that Over the Top is open today!! Hope it opened for you AJ!
  11. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

^ i was there until 4:30 and it never opened.
    Im at kennywood today! :)
  12. xsarabella

xsarabella

Finally going to be back at the park tomorrow! Can’t wait for HQ and Totally Timeless!
  13. depotrat

depotrat

We had business today that took us to Newington. When we finished we spent 90 min at LC. A few school groups there but got 5 front seat rides on BD.

Next stop was SFNE for the last 90 min there. 2 back seat rides on WC and 2 front seat rides on STR. 9 rides total on 3 world class coasters in an afternoon = priceless!!!

A few details from the day. BD still has one bad spot in the outbound portion. It is three quick bangs and we could really feel it in the front car, so the back was probably realy rough. The blue train on WC was making a terrible growl sound and had a vibrarion wheras the orange was running amazing. Both trains on STR were top notch.
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  14. CannonballLover

CannonballLover

Noted on BD. However, props to the park for maintaining it (otherwise) very well. They always fix the bumps and never give up. Love it.

I'm heading there Tuesday! I didn't visit last year and can't wait to go back. Any tips?
  15. depotrat

depotrat

^We don't ride much except BD these days. On BD no matter how the station looks, the front part of the train is always a shorter wait than the back half. The line is longer to get to the back and then there are a good 15-20% of people that wait for the front row which removes them from in front of you if you are not waiting for the front.

Wildcat was closed on Thursday so I don't know what was up with that.

When you go into the parking lot, take a look at the far back by the treeline. That is where the school group buses park. The number of buses there will tell you what kind of day you will have. If you can stay after 5 PM or so, all those groups will be long gone and there will be no lines for anything the last couple hours.