1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

New England Haunted Houses

Discussion in 'Other New England Attractions' started by mrceagle, Sep 30, 2012.

1. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

Boo! Do you like to be scared? Well here’s a list of haunted attractions for you to visit this Halloween season around the state.

2. mrceagle

mrceagle

Nice list you fund. there are a few I hadn't come across.
  3. SROS Master

SROS Master

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  4. mrceagle

mrceagle

I've never been to Nightmare NE. Glad to hear they are adding a hayride. though suspect it is replacing the forest walk. The hay ride was the key attraction at the original Spooky World
  5. SROS Master

SROS Master

Yeah maybe, but there is plenty of room in the woods for a lengthy hayride.
  6. mrceagle

mrceagle

The haunts Directory is updated for the 2015 season LC/haunted Graveyard, SFNE Fright Fest, and Canobie Screeemfest all have their own pages with more info this year. I will update them further later with past attractions. MA also has an expanded Corn maze and hay ride list.

since the link if not on this page her it is

http://haunts.newwhalom.com
  7. canobie#1

canobie#1

After constantly hearing about how awesome the Haunted Labyrinth is in Cranston RI, I finally stopped by tonight.

The sets were very impressive and there were TONS of secret traps for the actors to hide. The sets were very well put together and the house collided psychological thrillers with jump scares very well. The only negative thing about it was the makeup and costumes, they could certainly step that up but over all its a very solid house and probably the most slept on haunted house in the area. Much better than Factory of Terror and WORLDS better than Terror in Rhode Island.

For anyone in the area, Scary Acres and Haunted Labyrinth are a great 1-2 punch in one night. It definitely lives up to the hype. A-
  8. mrceagle

mrceagle

Welcome to the 2016 Haunting season. Many haunts started up this last weekend and others soon. Nearly all the haunts will operate till Oct 30th. very few have events in November.

Check out this years offering sat my haunt directory
  9. MarkIacino

MarkIacino

Is anyone planning on hitting the new haunted attraction at the Eastern States Expo? Sounds pretty cool with the "Party in the parking lot."
    I for sure am going to try and check it out!
  10. mrceagle

mrceagle

This is the first I am hearing about it. thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Personally I doubt I will hit it not sure i will get that far out this year. I will be hitting Witches woods this Friday.
  11. mrceagle

mrceagle

Witches Woods called itself a Hayride and Screampark. I guess having 2 amusement rides makes you a scream park. The 2 amusement rides were a zero Gravity and a pharaohs ferry both have very night LED lighting packages. They offer 7 attractions 5 haunts, A Jack-o-lantern Disney and the Horrerwood Chamber of Chills. The pumpkins and Horrorwood are free of charge. Above I said we wee their for a hour but according to my google time line we were their an hour and 12 minutes. So took a little longer then I thought. but here are the haunts reviews (in the order I hit them)

3d Keepers Crypt
    This 3D haunt is the replacement of the Merriment Inc 3D haunt offered on my last visit. The 3D is OK with a lack of solid 3D in throughout most of the haunt. There were a few good rooms and this was easily the scariest of the haunts. The 3D likely would have been better with better lighting and it's outdoor set up was affected even with a little moonlight. The haunts bet rooms were at the end and that was a bit of a let down because as soon as it finally got good it was over.
    Rating 1.5/5

Midnight Mansion

This was the only haunt with a lot of themeing. This is also the only indoor haunt offered. the entrance has no themeing just walk through an emergency edit door. The haunt was reasonably well staffed. There were a couple good scares at the beginning but then nothing in the last 2/3rds. to make maters worse the haunt is so short. I Don;t know how small the cafeteria is but the haunt was over before I new it.
    Rating 2/5

Castle Morbid

I'm confused, this is supposed to be a castle but the inside theme was something more Island focused. There was no sense of identity and no real themeing after entering the mildly themed castle. This was not scary in fact it was a bit campy. One heavy actor channeled his best Fat Bastard impression form Austin Powers and screamed you'll be in my belly. The only scare came form one actor hitting the wall with something after we turned a corner. Thsi haunt like the previous haunt were a bit short.
    Rating 1/5

Jack O'lantern Jamboree

This was a fairly simple attraction a set of boxes with a number of carved Pumpkins on display. There was a bit of a cheat to this as the pumpkins were the resin pumpkins that can be kept after carving them. The number of carved pumpkins was enough to make it a worth while stop. Though not as good as some displays I have seen.
    Rating 3.5/5

Horrorwood Chamber of Chills
    This was actually a fun attraction It's basically a number of boxes with themed sets housing a horror character form popular Horror movies. They had classics like Dracula, Wolf Man and Mummy to more recent movies characters like Freddy and Jason. The attraction had a few Animatronics between the boxes. One box however had a Sfi Fi theme t it abut I think their prop was messed up there was a piece of a Alien form Alien in a broke out piece of wall but that was pretty much it. but overall this was a fun attraction and a pleasant extra.
    Rating 4/5

Vampire Passage

This is new for 2015 and a giant step up from the previously mentioned attractions. It's located near the loading area for the hayride and in a forest walk. The attraction contains one of the better graveyards I have seen at a haunt. The walk was a very good length and was the longest of the traditional haunts. I did like the layout and the themeing as well as a long wood walkway. Only problem is it wasn't scary. While it was very well staffed it's hard to get scared by some one hissing at you. The haunt did have a very cool courtyard with a full scale animatronic s a finale .
    Rating 3/5

Haunted Hayride

One woudl think that a hayride would have hay. Not a bail or straw in sight. That aside this is the headliner attraction. The trailer is pulled by a tractor through a series of themed areas. Their is a guide that tells a story and introduces the area. each area had at least 2 performers one for each side. There were a few interesting sets with a couple really good ones. there were a few good scares but an over reliance of chainsaws.
    Rating 2.5/5

overall it was nice to hit a haunt I have not been to in years but the overall attraction left a lot to be desired. fora l the hype and all the advertising this was one of the lower rated haunts I have ever been to. If your in the area though I would recommend stopping in to check out the two free attractions. Their worth the quick stop.
  12. mrceagle

mrceagle

Another year another update. 2 new haunts listed in Mass and a new past haunts section can be found on the Home page.

Happy haunting
  13. Dr. Gigglez

Dr. Gigglez Administrator Forum Leader

Here are a bunch of Videos we have taken at Haunts and I will update as we make more! There are tons of videos we have scheduled to come out with a bunch of stuff with SFNE, Lake Compounce, & Sonny's Place!

If this is content you enjoy, make sure to subscribe to the channel and also make suggestions of haunt stuff you would like to see because we keep going to them every weekend!

Lake Compounce Haunted Graveyard POV in 360

Lake Compounce Haunted Graveyard POV in Night Vision

Lake Compounce Haunted Graveyard POV

SFNEOnline Guide To Fright Fest 2018

Graveyard Groove at SFNE 2018

https://youtu.be/efF2O0-rMiY
    Lake Compounce Haunted Graveyard - Behind The Screams: Wall Building
    • Like Like x 1
  14. mrceagle

mrceagle

Lots of good content. Seems your making the rounds this year.

Did you ever make ti to Fright Kingdom in Nashua last week. Kevin said you were hoping to go.
  15. Dr. Gigglez

Dr. Gigglez Administrator Forum Leader

I did make it there, we actually went up twice in one weekend hahaha

This week on the youtube channel we are releasing a lot of Haunt reviews and Fright Kingdom I think is tomorrows video in the afternoon!

Here are some more videos we released:

Creepshow Freakshow

Trick OR Treat Trail at SFNE

Lake Compounce - Behind The Screams - TOmbstone Building

The Awakening at SFNE

Sonny's Place - Hayride of Horror POV

VLOG#20: An Evening at Sonny's Place
    https://youtu.be/Xs9BWg744Ng

Scary Acres Haunt Review
    https://youtu.be/NL-Kruuc7DM

DementedFX Haunt Review
    https://youtu.be/zAkQSD2lR9A

We went to a lot of places already and more to come!