1. If you are not signed in, some pictures may appear smaller than normal. You will have to sign in or register to see them fully. Sorry for the inconvenience.
  2. Fright Fest is happening on weekends through November 2. Check out our review for more information.

New England SkyScreamer

Discussion in 'Ride Discussion' started by bizarro#1, Jul 31, 2012.

1. SWAFAN

SWAFAN

I can't wait to see it in person! When ever I go to Six Flags I cross the rt. 5 bridge and look over at the park. When I get to do that I bet it will look awesome!
    Also, I'm not sure if I'll go on this or not. Its that whole heights thing ;)
  2. sfne13

sfne13

Does anybody know the exact height?
  3. coast4airtime

coast4airtime

YES! It's going to be topped off on Pi Day! Mother of the Flying Spaghetti Monster YES! *end of nerd happiness*
    • Like Like x 1
  4. CanobieFan

CanobieFan

I for one will NOT be riding this. I am very afraid of swing rides like Davinci's Dream at CLP. I'd pass out on this thing. I threw up after Davinci's. I honestly hate swings and everything about them, so this addition is not "OMG" like for me.
  5. bizarro#1

bizarro#1 Administrator Staff Member

Sometimes I feel like the blog posts are made for nothing...
    http://sfneonline.org/2014/02/25/new-england-skyscreamer-construction-tour/

They still have the pour the concrete for the ride platform, which IIRCC has ~100 ft. diameter. That will have to cure for a long time just like the concrete they poured as the footer. They then still have to build the queue house, queue, landscaping, stringing the wires for the gondola, install the counterweight, wire all the electrical stuff, test, install the lighting, rework the path in front of NESS, etc. Even with all this work being done I do think they could get it open a few weeks before Memorial Day.

Also, for anyone who isn't banned on TPR, can you post the link to our NESS blog updates. I'm sick of seeing people ask questions on TPR that we've already posted the answers to a million times. Though I do love the misinformation about the ride being spread on there... For example:

• Like Like x 1
  6. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Founder Staff Member

The actual ride height is the same as SFOT 325ft. Its the height of the topper that will give it it's final structure height. I think SFOT is 402ft, so i'm guesing SFNE's will be around 404ft to claim the record.
  7. koasterkid

koasterkid

Or it could be the exact same height of TSS with a toothpick on the top :D
  8. canobie#1

canobie#1

Wow, that's incredibly lame of them. Lol
  9. bizarro#1

It's not them, it's Funtime. Eclipse at Grona Lund is the same deal.
  10. bizarro#1

You can see some pictures from the topping off today on our Facebook page. We'll have a blog post up later tonight with video and higher quality pictures.
    https://www.facebook.com/sfneonline
    • Like Like x 1
  11. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Founder Staff Member

Here's some pics and video from todays topping off.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

At 2:28 you can hear and see Coaster crews drone take off. lol

HD video shot by Josh
    • Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  12. Lifthill

Lifthill

This will definitely have some altitude bragging rights. Last summer I asked Lake Compounce's GM if he would consider installing a Windseeker at that park and he grimaced "no".
    He said he tried that ride at another park and was scared to death of the height and that he prefers to keep family rides at LC, although, because the footprint of the ride is so small, they could fit it in anywhere. I'll keep my fingers crossed that we see this kind of ride there in the future.
  13. canobie#1

canobie#1

I doubt we'd see the palace corp build a giant swing ride.
    It can't wait to see this bad boy run!
  14. Lifthill

Lifthill

Yeah, that's my take on it as well. Palace's focus is mostly waterparks and Family Entertainment Centers. Amusement park rides isn't a big speciality for them. (LC, Kennywood, and Storyland not withstanding). Plus LC is focused on Bear Creek Campground this year, but if ya holler loud enough for one, you never know... The squeaky wheel sometime gets the oil:)
  15. koasterkid

koasterkid

[​IMG]

Woah. That is wild.

They could totally have it open by opening. If the thing is already testing and there are over three weeks until they open. What is stopping it from opening with the park...There is probably a ton of groundwork but they should have that done by now.

Also is that as far as it goes up the tower? It appears like it is. That looks to be around 300ft. Also that pic would look much better if Flashback was gone and Cyclone was steel :D

I can't wait to see this in person, It looks crazy in pics and in-person it should be insane.
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2014