1. If you are not signed in, some pictures may appear smaller than normal. You will have to sign in or register to see them fully. Sorry for the inconvenience.
  2. The next live chat with SFNE is on Wednesday, December 3 at 7pm! Click here to ask your questions now!

Opening day 2014

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by BizarroAj, Apr 12, 2014.

1. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

The weather was perfect and the crowds were moderate. I walked up to the entrance to try out the new bio scanners, which was pretty easy. You walk up scan your pass and then place your index finger on the scanner and thats it and the next time i go i just use the finger scan. You still need your pass for parking, dining pass, and early entry. After my first ride of the season on bizarro i headed up to check out the construction on NESS. There were workers wearing Funtime amusement shirts doing work on the ride, but the only testing i saw was it rising up and down.

Here are the pics of ness: http://sfneonline.org/forums/index.php?threads/new-england-skyscreamer-coming-in-2014.930/page-31

I walked around the park checking out all the changes that were made in the off season and there was a bunch. They ripped out the brick cobble stone on main street and replaced it with asphalt except for the side walks on the sides which is still the brick. The work around NESS looks great with the new entrance signs for ness and cyclone and waterfall as you walk up the stairs is a nice touch. Take 6 cafe and the new foodstand in kidzopolis are not ready yet but should be opening soon.Here's pics of some of the changes around the park.
    All the pics: http://s476.photobucket.com/user/SFNE_ONLINE/library/SFNE opening day 2014?sort=3&page=1

New asphalt on Main st.
    [​IMG]

Audio back and working on both trains when i rode
    [​IMG]

Captain Rivis
    [​IMG]

Twisters gone
    [​IMG]

Heres the old chippery
    [​IMG]

They remodeled the outside with fake brick and it looked good
    [​IMG]

New hockey game next to the 3 point challenge
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

painted catwoman train
    [​IMG]

working on goliath
    [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  2. SWAFAN

SWAFAN

Good report AJ!! Today was a great day weather wise. I like the short explanation on the finger print scanners just so I have a little better knowledge when I go. And I think its great the audio's working on Bizarro, I always enjoyed it. I hope Goliath is open on the 20th cause that's when I go!! :)
    I seen one of your pics on facebook about pass holders having the dining pass, so I need to still go to season pass processing building to add it?
  3. canobie#1

canobie#1

Awesome photo's! Catwomen's whip looks great, but was there always flash pass on that?
    How do you think the crowd will be tomorrow? What were the longest lines today?
  4. CannonballLover

CannonballLover

Did anyone care to check out cyclones first drop and whole ride for me? :confused:
  5. bizarro#1

bizarro#1 Administrator

@canobie#1 You must of missed my several mentions of Catwoman being added to The Flash pass. No big deal. I only posted it to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, the forum several times. I can see how it was hard to miss. ;) :pHaha.
  6. canobie#1

canobie#1

I'm so out of the social stream lol I don;t even have a twitter and I'm 16!!:eek:
  7. SROS Master

SROS Master

^Your not alone. I don’t have a Twitter, or Facebook account and I am in my early 20's.
  8. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

The lines should be short tomorrow as the ops had a good day of training today.
    ^^^^SWAFAN: yes if you need to add dining, parking or upgrade to Gold you have to go into the seasonpass processing center.
    SF added the biometric scan so that basically it is a self serve entrance. Its like the express checkouts in grocery stores where you scan and bag your own groceries and swipe your credit card and leave.
  9. ThemeparkCraze

ThemeparkCraze

Let's hope the Bizarro audio stays working throughout the season.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2014
  10. Bizarro Guy 100

Bizarro Guy 100

Bizarro's Yellow Train's audio was not working up the lift hill but kept cutting in and out with the first two audio clips throughout the ride. The blue train's audio worked flawlessly.
  11. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

This pic of no M&M decals on the stairs was sent to me from Thomas.
    [​IMG]
  12. dschu

dschu

If the Audio was on, why did the lady in the chat say it would be off? Maybe to surprise us?
  13. MarkIacino

MarkIacino

I was in the back car of one of the trains on Bizarro and the audio only started cutting in and out on the brake run. Also Cyclone seemed to run a lot quicker than I remember last year. Cyclone is such a thrill. Second favorite coaster in the park
  14. bizarro#1

bizarro#1 Administrator

She probably didn't know.
  15. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

Here's another pic sent to me from Thomas. It appears sfne is serious about people smoking in the park!

[​IMG]