1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Park Needs/Wants

Discussion in 'Great Escape Chatter' started by MetsFan, May 20, 2014.

1. Sluggo77

Sluggo77

47A7CA42-66AD-4C0E-B2E8-85CBB6FB6AEA.png
    Yes they did and it’s a fun little ride. Better than basically everything besides Comet at TGE. Don’t know how much of a draw it would be though.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. CodyFitz

CodyFitz

It would be a huge draw at Great Escape, I think families would eat it up because it’s got a broad audience.
  3. mrceagle

mrceagle

I forgot about Dutch wonderland that's still Pennsylvania. So 8+ hours form TGE

Which coaster at SFOT? I know they have a bobsled but is it down as much as The one here.
    I get it and I agree they could be better. but like I said earlier you sort of need to look at TGE more like a water park in the chain then a theme park. I know they are looking at it that way. minimum investment a few things here and there to keep it interesting.

The park also needs better management. They have the same problem Water country has the management isn't fighting for more so they get less.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. CodyFitz

CodyFitz

The park would be better off if SF sold it. Give it to someone who cares so we can be more than just a water park and wooden coaster.
  5. mrceagle

mrceagle

That age old Statement I have been hearing for over 15 year s of being on many forums.
  6. CodyFitz

CodyFitz

Let’s all pitch in some money and buy the park. :)
  7. mrceagle

mrceagle

Already Volunteering with an FEC project for Whalom but when that gets off the ground maybe we can look to other investments. but I think it would be a tough purchase. SFI seems intend on getting bigger not smaller.
  8. CodyFitz

CodyFitz

Let’s just ask Six Flags if we can have it super nicely.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. CodyFitz

CodyFitz

How would you all feel about a free spin going to Great Escape? I feel like we should consider the possibility with Six Flags dropping these literally everywhere.

I personally hate the idea of us getting one. They’re not bad rides, but they’re cloned to oblivion and Great Escape deserves better for its first coaster in 15 years. I’d rather Great Escape get a really small custom 4D coaster from S&S, even if it’s a lift, drop, wave turn and airtime hills the rest of the way back and it’s less intense than a 4D Free Spin I’d rather see that over the cloned version. That’s only if we have to get a 4D coaster though, I’d rather see other stuff come first.
  10. Sluggo77

Sluggo77

I’d much rather see a Raptor. Would be a little more unique and they can still fit in small areas.
  11. CodyFitz

CodyFitz

Oh 100%. A Raptor would be so amazing for Great Escape.
  12. mrceagle

mrceagle

I'm not a fan of the Free Spin I don;t find them to be all that fun.

A raptor would be a great addition.
  13. CodyFitz

CodyFitz

I don’t know if the GP would like it though. It’s intense and those aren’t super popular here. I rarely wait for Sasquatch, GL, Flashback or Demon.
  14. Sluggo77

Sluggo77

It could draw new people to the park. You’d have a very good wooden coaster and brand new unique steel coaster. I don’t think comparing a boomerang which are super common and an older loop and corkscrew’s lines is a good judge. I could be totally wrong though since it’s such a family park.
  15. CodyFitz

CodyFitz

It would get the northeast up here because they want to try a Raptor, but I don’t know how successful it’ll be within the park. Even the more thrilling flats like Condor and Supernova don’t ever have as long of lines as Screamin Eagles and Blizzard do. I think we should get a thrilling coaster, but maybe something like a Chance GTX Hyper or one of the Vekoma Flyers.

Edit: Do you think a Gertslaeur Suspended Polyp would be successful here?
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2019 at 6:39 PM