1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Plans For 2017

Discussion in 'Trip Planning and Meetups' started by djcyberlegend, Nov 8, 2013.

1. djcyberlegend

djcyberlegend Forum Leader

You ain't kidding - we found that out the hard way at Kennywood back in 2013...
  2. depotrat

depotrat

^Yes, on these road trips, it is better to stay away from the larger parks on the weekends unless they have a flash pass/fast lane option that you can afford. Our one and only trip to Canada's Wonderland was miserable due to a gigantic August weekend crowd. We always hear what a great park it is and our memory of it is painful. We got on every coaster, but only once each, and it took all day from open to close. It was a lesson learned.
  3. msullivan1

msullivan1

So my flight out to Texas got cancelled yesterday and there are no other flights out there until Monday, so it looks like iron rattler will have to wait. I may go in June but that depends on a lot of things. This week I will go to great adventure and probably Hershey to make up for Texas.
  4. mrceagle

mrceagle

Well that stinks. Hopefully your next trip works out.
  5. bchev93

bchev93

due to personal events my plans went out the door in january Larry knows everything.
    as of this typing i was supposed to be in line for either X2 or Xceleratror. LA keeps eluding me GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
    for 2017 my new plans are
    SFOGA did see TR
    SFNE
    SFGAV
    LC
    TGE (doubtfull)
    CP
    KI
    Dollywood
    KD
    BGW mabye

2018 gaurenteed cali
  6. depotrat

depotrat

The July trip is starting to come together but still tentative based on some work stuff. If it does finally happen it will be very aggressive. We have dropped Hershey and Dutch Wonderland and will flex down to the Dollywood (Lightning Rod too hard to resist) area instead. So now it looks like this.

Fun Fore All
    Kennywood
    Kings Island
    Coney Island
    Strickers
    Kentucky Kingdom
    Holiday World
    Beech Bend
    Dollywood
    Goats on the Roof
    Ober Gatlinburg
    Rowdy Bear (If opened by July)
    Anakesta (if opened by July)
    Nascar
    Camden Park
    Wisp

With a little luck this trip could add 46 new coasters. Other than Kennywoopd these will all be new to us parks. Any tips would be appreciated as time will be tight at some of them.
  7. koasterkid

koasterkid

May be going to Cedar Point sometime during the week after Mothers Day, I really didn't want to go back until Mean Streak opens but I guess I wouldn't pass up the chance to go. Most parks on the way aren't open during the week though which kinda sucks.

Not sure how many days we would have or exactly when but I'll keep KI, KK, and HW on the radar too but that's pushing it.
  8. JayJay719

JayJay719

Ed, not sure if you or Casey like water parks, but the two water coasters at Holiday world were fantastic. We did Kentucky Kingdom and Holiday World last year and Kentucky Kingdom was quite a highlight for us. Mainly because Lightning Run and Storm chaser were awesome. But skip T3 if you can. Worst SLC we'eve ridden. If they do the out of state passes, I recommend that. We got Kentucky Kingdom for two days plus unlimited drinks for a low price. We only did one day there but it was hot so the free drinks came in handy. As for Holiday World, it speaks for itself. I loved all the coasters but ThunderBird was really good. I loved Holiday world so much. Free drinks, great waterpark, and some darn good coasters. Plus they have Pineapple dole whip. So that's a plus.
  9. depotrat

depotrat

^Thanks - I knew about the two day admission at KK and will use that. I did not know Holiday World has the Dole Whips! Dole Whips are one of our favorite park treats from all her work at Disney. We aren't much on the water parks, but I will keep it in mind depending on how we are doing time wise.
  10. djcyberlegend

djcyberlegend Forum Leader

Well, I got royally screwed on my taxes this year thanks to Obamacare, so it looks I'm gonna have to scrub all of my plans for this season... [​IMG]
  11. koasterkid

koasterkid

Ironed out some plans for a trip for the middle of May today. Looking like Cedar Point, Kings Island, and Holiday World during the middle of the week. Doesn't look like KK is open during the week so looks like we will be missing that unfortunately unless we can stay until Saturday. Were going to leave Monday and Friday for driving and in between for the parks. I have been looking for other places along the way but didn't see much that is open.

Ill see if we can add another day but not sure, I would feel really bad passing KK though. Ill still poke around and see if there is anything that could be added. Really wish Knoebels was open for a stop on the way to CP though.
  12. msullivan1

msullivan1

My plans have changed for June. It looks like Ill be going out to Los Angeles! I'll definitely go to Disneyland and Knotts, and probably magic mountain. So excited! :)