1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Sfne 5/26/18

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by depotrat, May 26, 2018.

1. depotrat

depotrat

It was looking like a big crowd today. The preferred lot was sold out due to memberships which tied up traffic onto Main St and was a total mess. The front gate wasn't much better. Security was OK but the scanning of passes and tickets was glacial and of course all lanes were not open. The funniest thing was that the regular lines were moving faster than the Membership only lanes. So much for special access. LOL

The line for early entry to the STR side was just as chaotic as always with the line stretching over to the Coke stand. I knew once the "gate" opened people would be jumping that line like mad. So I passed and went to the WC side first. No problem there and I was on the first train of the day and did another back seat ride a few minutes later. I then went over to STR and it was a station wait but I opted for front seat which took about 20 minutes.

I had to head out then and as I exited the wait at the front gate was MASSIVE with lines at security too. If I had to guess, if you got there shortly after 11 AM, you were going to be at least 1/2 hour to just get in the park.

STR and WC both ran awesome. So it was worth the trip, albeit a short stay.

Oops just saw my typo on the thread title. How about 5/26/18 lol
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 26, 2018
  2. djcyberlegend

djcyberlegend Forum Leader

Fixed it for ya, good report. Exactly why I avoid going there during holiday weekends, especially this one where it’s also opening weekend for HH... :cool:
  3. depotrat

depotrat

Three rides on world class coasters in less than an hour = success!!
    Certainly, the waits were going to be more than I was willing to do by around noon so I just headed out. I'm only 35-40 minutes to the park, have a season pass and season parking, so an hour riding is enough to make the trip. For others I know that won't be the way to go.

There were a ton of beach bags etc in line and it was water park weather today but the dry park was getting busy too as I left.
  4. Dr. Gigglez

Dr. Gigglez Administrator Forum Leader

Yeah it was crazy on Saturday !
  5. Jmariexo

Jmariexo

Do you guys think it’ll be busy today?