1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Sfne- 8/31

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by MarkIacino, Sep 1, 2017.

1. MarkIacino

MarkIacino

So I've never done a trip report before but I'm going to give it a shot.

Time in park- 5:00 - 7:00

Rides ridden:
    Wicked Cyclone - 3
    Superman: The Ride- 3
    Buzzsaw - 1
    Joker- 1
    Batman: The Dark Knight - 1

I raced up to the park after work as I knew that usually the first week kids go back to school the park is dead, and I was right! I pull into the parking lot and go to go through the gate where you pay for parking, except somethings up.. every row was coned off except for one that had a security van in it. So all the cars coming in line up behind the van and wait... and wait. The security van does not move and there is some other security kid sitting in a car watching this all happen. After a minute or two and 6 cars lined up he decides to get out and move a cone so we could get in. It was just a little bizarre.

Now I'm in the park and get bombarded with ads for the flash sale. I noticed on one of them they were pushing the dining pass and the sign said something along the lines of "Lunch, snack, and dinner - $35" so I got a little confused since I thought the option with dinner was $80 so I go ask the worker at the booth what was up. He told me that that $35 deal was a one day dining pass you can buy? I guess it said it somewhere in fine print on the sign.

I also noticed on one of the signs for the season pass flash sale it said the deal was "Today Only!!" which is false haha.

OK, enough complaining and onto some other things I noticed around the park today.
    Today was the day that WC cemented its spot in my book as the best coaster in the park! I don't know if its because I've been on Superman so many times or what but today Superman kind of felt boring. Don't get me wrong, its obviously still an awesome coaster but WC takes the cake!

I got my first ride on the SFNE Joker and didn't flip once, still a good ride though if its a walk on (which it was) They also had The Joker standing outside the entrance greeting everyone which was a good touch.

Batman is now the roughest coaster in the park. (Edit: I forgot about Goliath... Second roughest) I've never noticed the roughness until today.

I needed to get on Buzzsaw just in case I don't make it on again before the season ends and the rumors are true so I get in line and no one decided to join me. I have never been the only one on Buzzsaw but it was a very awkward experience hahah. I will 100% miss Buzzsaw if it does leave :(

Overall I had a fantastic day with 9 walk ons in 2 hours!

Happy Riding!!
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  2. depotrat

depotrat

Nice report - Sounds like a good day (2 hours)!! We only ride WC and STR now when we go for a couple hours and WC does rival STR, but our last night ride on STR reminded us that it is still #1.
  3. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

I was at the park for 2hrs yesterday and i rode Superman, Batman, Thunderbolt and WC 2x all were walkons except for Tbolt which was a 2 train wait due to flashpassers. Why do people buy FP when the park is empty is mind boggling to me?
  4. depotrat

depotrat

Season Pass FP? Might as well use it every time.