1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Sfne Drone Update (2/3/18)

Discussion in 'SFNE Discussion' started by DylanBIZARRO, Feb 3, 2018.

?

Do you think Harley Quinn was a good addition for the park?

1. Yes

27 vote(s)
    96.4%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. DylanBIZARRO

DylanBIZARRO Forum Leader

NOTE: I DID NOT FLY MY DRONE OVER THE PARK! I STAYED ALONG THE CT RIVER AND THE PUBLIC ROADWAYS NEAR THE PARK!

So today I headed up to the nature trails across from the park late afternoon with @BizarroAj. It was a pretty slippery hike to the river, and it was very cold! The sun was pretty low which made it a bit hard to see the iPad but the photos still came out good with some lighting correction.

[​IMG]
    First is a shot of DC. I can't see much activity here.

[​IMG]
    A shot of South End. You can see the construction of Harley Quinn and Mind Eraser.

[​IMG]
    Here's a zoomed shot of Mind Eraser.

[​IMG]
    A zoomed shot of the Harley Quinn construction site. Looks like they're getting a lot done!

[​IMG]
    Here are the parts in the employee parking lot.

[​IMG]
    Another shot of the ride parts in the parking lot.

[​IMG]
    A zoomed up shot of the ride parts.

[​IMG]
    A zoomed shot of some things in the employee lot. Shows they're storing tea cups in the parking lot.

[​IMG]
    More shots of South End.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Surprisingly, I was able to get the drone all the way to the other side of the park! Of course I didn't fly over the park, and went around it. I got a max distance of about 3400 feet away from where we were.

[​IMG]
    A shot looking down the road the park is on.

[​IMG]
    A shot of North End, including the new bathrooms/dressing rooms.

[​IMG]
    A zoomed shot of Thunderbolt.

[​IMG]
    A zoomed shot of the bathrooms.

[​IMG]
    Some shots looking over the entrance of the park.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    A zoomed shot of Buzzsaws spot.

[​IMG]
    A zoomed shot of Buzzsaws spot. From another angle.

Hope you enjoyed the photos! Feel free to click on the photos and go to my Flickr page to see the full size images and find things I may have missed. I plan to do another drone shoot every few weeks to track the progress of the park. I'm definitely going to be a bit more active from now on since I'm not as busy anymore.
    • Like Like x 10
  2. canobie#1

canobie#1

Seeing Buzzsaw as a giant hole made me so sad. Very exciting stuff in the south end! Great pics!
    • Like Like x 2
  3. koasterkid

koasterkid

Awesome pics! I scanned through the and the only things I really noticed were the tea cups in the employee lot and the eating area between Mind Eraser’s entrance and the ladder game is dug up. Maybe Slingshot is really going there... would be a very tight fight. I’ll go back and see if I notice anything else.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

if you look closely at the pic of minderaser it looks like slingshot is going right in front of it as you can see the asphalt cut out and it dug up. In the shot of the employee lot you can see the teacups stored over there. The new restroom building is huge. Also if you look closely at the buzzsaw pic you can see the foundation going in for the teacups, wow they are putting the ride further back where the que was, thats going to be awesome.
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  5. koasterkid

koasterkid

If you look closely, you can see four dug squares that form a rectangle basically the same size as Slingshot so it looks like it is moving there for sure. It looks like they are ready to dig up the ladder game area and probably turn that into the ticket/queue area. I feel like it is going to be too close to the pathway but it might make people stop and watch it.
  6. depotrat

depotrat

That location makes sense for slingshot. Part of getting riders is having people stop to watch in close proximity to the ride. This location should achieve that as the foot traffic there will vastly increase over the previous location. Perhaps they could rename it too in keeping with the Gotham. theme. Robin's Slingshot? Great pics! Thanks for posting.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

I just read an update from sfmm on tpr and there new ride construction has been moving at a snail's pace. They don't even have the rides parts on site yet. I have been saying that sfne will have theirs up before sfmm and i could be right. ;)
  8. Bizarperman

Bizarperman

Or maybe those footer looking holes in front of Mind Eraser are so they can create the extended version to the SLC. New coaster credit! Lol

I really hate the idea of anything going there because it not only blocks the view of the coaster, but it takes up valuable midway walking space. And we know there isn’t much of that in the South End. Plus, wasn’t there a Dippin’ Dots stand and seating for All American?

I’m also not a fan of Teacups location. You could have put them perfectly into Scramblers location, and then maybe move Scrambler across from Pandemonium’s entrance.

But really great pictures. My favorite is the one looking South towards Connecticut.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

^yea but the teacups will be set in the back where its darker and will make it much better for frightfest. Lets wait till we see the finished product before we judge it. :)
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Bizarperman

Bizarperman

I could really care less how the finished product looks. I’m sure visually it will look good. Although not sure why they need a shaded ride under shade. I was a fan of Buzzsaw. That’s why I don’t like the move they made.
  11. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

Looking closely at the HQ parts in the lot it appears as the whole rides is there as you cans see all the sections of seats wrapped in orange plastic. It should go up pretty fast when vertical construction starts. :)

I forgot to mention that the park really moved fast on taking down the xmas decorations. :)
    • Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  12. chadwick1977

chadwick1977

I’m impressed with the pics! Thanks for the update! So exciting to see what’s going on!
    • Like Like x 1
  13. xsarabella

xsarabella

Wow, those photos came out great. I miss the park so much! I really hope Slingshot isn’t moving there, it’s crowded af trying to walk down there - especially when HH is opened. I personally never liked Slingshot because it’s ugly & I have no desire to ride it. I don’t see many riding it either & it’s just in the way of coaster photo ops & now will be in the way when I’m trying to walk around everyone else that is just standing in a circle blocking the path.

I’ll miss Buzzsaw but I really do enjoy the Teacups so seeing its new location will be nice. I think it would have been better in the North, but it will look great no matter what.
    • Like Like x 4
  14. Sluggo77

Sluggo77

Awesome pics and great to see so much progress already. Going to be another great season of updates and additions.
    • Like Like x 2
  15. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

in the 3rd pic showing minderaser there's 2 arch looking things near the coasters mechanical building laying on the ground anyone have an idea what those are?