1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Sfne Small Update April 28th

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by BizarroAj, Apr 29, 2018.

1. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

I stopped by the park yesterday for a few hours since the weather was perfect but i didn't realize that thrill jam was going on which made for a packed park. I ran into Pete at the entrance and had a few mins to talk to him. He told me that the blue train is back on superman and that the teacups finally got it's new roof installed. I asked him when they expected to get goliath open and he said they were finishing up work on the train. Now he wouldn't say if it was just the regular maintenance or if they did any modifications to it, but it sounded as if they did do something to the train. He didn't give me the exact date but said it will be opening soon, i would guess with in the next couple weeks.
    I asked him about HQ and he said they have been running it and the state has already inspected it. Of course i had to ask about what's going on the concrete block in front of the ride. He wouldn't say but did say that they are waiting for approval from Warner. He said they have to finish up the que and do more landscaping.
    I had more questions but there wasn't any time since the park was crazy but i will get those answered the next time i go. Here's some of the pics i took.

Harley Quinn preview

[​IMG]

Shade structure going up over the switchbacks

[​IMG]

The new roof on teacups

[​IMG]

The new Good Eats Cafe looks finished

[​IMG]

The water fountains and bottle filler station in the new restrooms

[​IMG]

New elevator added to slingshot pic by kyle

[​IMG]

First official blue train of riders for 2018 :)

[​IMG]
    • Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
  2. Dr. Gigglez

Dr. Gigglez Administrator Forum Leader

Great Pics!!! Cant wait to go back and have some fun!
  3. thrillsnewengland

thrillsnewengland

Did they move Media Day to June 2nd or is the "Grand Opening Celebration" something different?
  4. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

As far as i know its may 31 the day before coaster mania which is why i won't be able to attend. I will be at the members only preview 2 weeks before. :)
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. MetsFan

MetsFan Forum Leader

Not sure, but for comparison’s sake, Great Escape is not doing a media day for Pandemonium but instead doing a “Grand Opening Celebration” which is supposedly just the ride being open along with some decorations, music, other special things, etc.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Dr. Gigglez

Dr. Gigglez Administrator Forum Leader

I'll be at Media Day !!! So ill cover it of course :)