Sfneonline Youtube Poll - Please Vote !!

Discussion in 'SFNE Online News' started by Dr. Gigglez, Jan 19, 2018.

?

What Video Content Do you want to see added to SFNEOnline Youtube Channel?

Poll closed Feb 8, 2018.
  1. New England Park Visits

65.2%
  2. Media Days/POV's

78.3%
  3. Breaking News

34.8%
  4. VLOGS

34.8%
  5. CONTESTS

8.7%
  6. MUSIC VIDEOS - SFNEONLINE CREATED ONES like HOLIDAY IN THE PARK

17.4%
  7. IAPPA

4.3%
  8. RI COMIC CON

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. NEW ENGLAND HAUNTED ATTRACTIONS

26.1%
  10. OTHER

4.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Lifthill

Lifthill

^
    Thanks for the considerate reply @Dr. Gigglez. There is a lot of content to deal with (fortunately) and that’s always going to provide immeasurable opportunities when looking for coverage topics. A couple of reasons that I suggested NY, NJ and PA parks is because they have nearby sister parks in New England. CT’s Lake Compounce has PA’s Kennywood, MA SFNE has NY’s The Great Escape and NJ’s SFgAdv just to name some, plus as you mention, a lot of the parks in these states are within a days drive for some of us. NY’s Rye Playland is just a stones throw from the CT boarder for example.

Another reason is more complementary. A lot of times, people from outside of our region have found the SFNE Online site and will write in asking for recommendations and opinions of the regionals over here. The replys they receive have always shown the helpfulness of our combined knowledge and experience. It seems too, because New England is a relatively small geographic area that many members include the bordering states in their recommendations. Like anyone traveling, the people asking for information want to hit as many parks possibly depending on when and where they’re going.

I do like the idea of acknowledging the history of the parks, both past and present. In fact, I’m sure you’ll find many resources at the local parks for this. I’ve read some newer published books that have been available at the parks which have culled a lot of research into great articles and reproduced some great old photos. Maybe, with permission you can cite these references. Of course, you can always also ask the park management as well as the patrons for their take. Hey, it’s our passion and we all like to brag.
  2. Sluggo77

Sluggo77

I like the idea of adding history. http://www.greatadventurehistory.com/ does an awesome job with this for Great Adventure. I always find it interesting to read the posts there. Having you do this for the New England parks would be a great addition. I also definitely think you should include NY parks. Admittedly I’m in NY LOL! I think the idea of a days drive also makes sense for the focus. Asking everyone like you have tells me that you are heading in the right direction.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. mrceagle

mrceagle

I picked OV's Park trips and Contests. didn't know what you meant by it but it seemed interesting.
  4. Lifthill

Lifthill

Another spot to look at covering could be the games areas of the parks. They never seem to get a lot of attention but are a fun and colorful segment of the park environment. It would be interesting to show VLOGS of what the game challenges are while having participates actually trying to win prizes.
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  5. Dr. Gigglez

Dr. Gigglez Administrator Forum Leader

I had some more discussions over the last couple of days . We are going to add to the site a section for Park History . It will contain information, pics, videos, etc for that section of the website. It will take time to build and I don't just want to throw it up , I will ask people if they have any pictures, videos and stuff and will give full credit for the sources for what people do let us use in their archives . I want to make sure we do it right, It take a bit, but willing to put in the effort .

That is an awesome idea about the games, I'm going to use that hahaha. We do play games just never film it , we could talk about the games and show people playing the games ! Parks do have a lot of interesting games . A lot have the same, but some have different themes , plus some parks have games you either don't see anymore or only a handful in the world have . Great idea !!

I gotta say this thread has helped create some new ideas, kill crappy ones and we will do some awesome things this year !
    • Like Like x 1
  6. xsarabella

xsarabella

I love the idea about the games! In my head I’m immediately picturing a tournament style competition for the all the games in Rockville, filmed like a sporting broadcast, if we could have commentary or just voice over commentary in the video after I think that would be a lot fun. Very cool idea!
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Dr. Gigglez

Dr. Gigglez Administrator Forum Leader

I’m sure we can film them , then do a commentary over them and they can be fun and hysterical at the same time !!
  8. Bizarperman

Bizarperman

World Series of the toilet bowl game in Rockville.:D
    • Like Like x 1