1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Six Flags Buys 5 Parks

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by BizarroAj, May 22, 2018.

1. mrceagle

mrceagle

More member ships them passes. You need separate passe or a membership to visit both a park and a stand alone water park.
  2. MetsFan

MetsFan Forum Leader

3. Dr. Gigglez

Dr. Gigglez Administrator Forum Leader

I think I will wait until they're included in the passes. I'm not sure I could get to Darien Lake this season, depending on their operating schedule because I would be in the area in Sept, but still, it might not be worth it for me this year.
  4. mrceagle

mrceagle

Not a horrible price. way cheaper then going when it wasn't managed by SFI.
  5. depotrat

depotrat

I was hoping they would just start accepting the six flags passes but since it wasn't mentioned at the time I purchased mine so I can't complain about $20. I think it is fair. We are trying to put a trip together for that area in July so I will take the offer.
  6. mrceagle

mrceagle

We also have to keep in mind they do not own these parks. they are leasing them. They still have to pay the owner so I can completely see why the pass is a paid add on.
  7. depotrat

depotrat

I would expect that they will be treated as a normal Six Flags park in 2019 and at that point the name will be Six Flags Darien Lake again.
  8. djcyberlegend

djcyberlegend Forum Leader

Since they’re leasing those parks, I have a feeling that their names could follow the pattern of TGE’s name - “(park name) - a SF Theme Park”...
  9. depotrat

depotrat

^Either way - good chance the SF season pass will then be good there just like Great Escape
  10. dschu

dschu

They also don’t own a few of the parks currently in the lineup.
  11. Medusa42

Medusa42

Based on what the CFO said at the Goldman Sacks conference, it sounds like they are really excited about growing Darien Lake. It was mentioned that they are studying if Holiday in the Park will work there, so I expect it will be rebranded a Six Flags park. I bet Fright Fest is added for 2019, but it wasn't mentioned.
  12. mrceagle

mrceagle

True they Manage SFOG and SFOT. but they only Lease LA Ronda but its a very different lease The city of Montreal doesn't have it own bottom line and share holders to answer to. I hope it's included but EPR may require it. Without knowing the detail of the contract were simply guessing.
    It will be interesting to see if they add Fright fest to Harvest fest or simply replace it.