1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Six Flags Mexico

Discussion in 'Worldwide Park Discussions' started by BizarroAj, Nov 17, 2014.

1. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

2. Medusa42

Medusa42

Six Flags management is pushing Six Flags Mexico towards operating 365 days a year. I figured I would post this since a lot of people haven't picked up on it and it was announced on October 24th.

From the Q3 2018 Earnings Call:

James W. P. Reid-Anderson - Six Flags Entertainment Corp.
    Tourist visitation will continue to build with greater awareness at Magic Mountain as the park moves into its second year of 365-day operations. And we have the ability to expand operations in some of our other warm weather parks. Next year, we will open Fiesta Texas in San Antonio year-round on weekends and will expand our calendar in Mexico, adding additional operating days in Q1 and Q4.

Tyler Batory - Janney Montgomery Scott LLC
    Okay. That makes sense. That's helpful. And then just to follow up here. I mean, you mentioned adding some incremental operating days to San Antonio and, I think, Mexico as well. Can you talk a little bit more about that? What drove that decision? Maybe how many extra days are going to be coming in 2019? And could what you're adding be as significant of an impact as Magic Mountain this year?

James W. P. Reid-Anderson - Six Flags Entertainment Corp.
    Well, let me – Marshall will answer that question – but let me give you a high-level view. Your point on Magic Mountain there is really critical. We have had such a great reaction to Magic Mountain being open 365 days a year that it led us, as I described on the last call, to really look at all of our parks and see where we could do this. And we had two parks – a lot of parks saying we would like to do it, but two parks slugging it out to say they would like to add to become much broader in terms of opening. And so, both of those have said they would like to do it, and we have looked in detail at the consumer, our guests, when they visit, what the best period would be; and hence, the decision. So you want to talk about Mexico and Fiesta in terms of the detail?

Marshall Barber - Six Flags Entertainment Corp.
    Yeah. I think the detail is, for Fiesta, we're going weekend operations, which will pick up 14 days mostly in the first quarter. Mexico is expanding their calendar. I think Mexico is a park, ultimately, that can be 365 days. It's in a huge market. But we are doing much like we did in Magic Mountain. We're testing days. We're making sure we can be profitable on every day that we're open. So we're expanding the calendar in the first and the fourth quarter there as well. And it's an iterative step. I think, ultimately, assuming those days go well, which we fully expect they will, we'll be looking at 365 days beyond that. And then Jim also mentioned the new parks have over 100 days in the first half where we didn't own them last year.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/42...-results-earnings-call-transcript?part=single
  3. mrceagle

mrceagle

Smart move. Why close parks that have enough local population and proper weather to support it. they just need to have events to help boost attendance past simple curiosity.
  4. CanobieCoaster

CanobieCoaster

Mexico City's weather is perfect for year-round operations. They were quite busy when I visited last year, so I'm hopeful they aren't too crowded when I return in two weeks, especially since Medusa was taken off the Flash Pass.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. CanobieCoaster

CanobieCoaster

I'm seeing something bizarre at Medusa.

For one, they made a Frankentrain by putting the orange lead car on the red train.

Two they took the back car off for some reason so it's only running with a 5 car train.

Three they have only one train BUT they have a 10 man crew and are dispatching trains in 30 seconds. This is some German fair circuit work right here. If only we had this for Wicked Cyclone.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Medusa42

Medusa42

King Cobra from Six Flags Hurricane Harbor NJ is now open at it’s new home in Six Flags Hurricane Harbor Oaxtepec.