1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Superman The Ride

Discussion in 'Ride Discussion' started by BizarroAj, Nov 2, 2015.

1. mrceagle

mrceagle

Exactly Superman is the draw and new trains are not marketable. not that they could get much out of marketing since they tried that Bizzarro gimmick that seemed to do nothing but piss people off.

personally as much as I hate the restraints I rather have 2-3 flats
  2. Dr. Gigglez

Dr. Gigglez Administrator Forum Leader

if they changed the restraints to El Toro, not only would Superman get knocked out of the Top 10 of the Golden Tickets, I would also never ride it again! El Toro Restraints suck!
  3. Sluggo77

Sluggo77

Yet El Toro was ranked number 1 with those same restraints. Hmm..... I agree that they would be a bit much on Superman though.
  4. dschu

dschu

I disagree. I think El Toro restraints are much more comfortable than Superman’s, but neither are really that bad.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Dr. Gigglez

El Toro Restraints are the most uncomfortable restraints I've ever sat in! I would skip Superman if those restraints ever went on that ride! I am surprised that El Toro even won #1. I know more people who hate it, then like it. Restraints being the #1 reason! If it was different restraints, El Toro would move back into my TOP 10 in coaster voting for the Golden Ticket Awards. El Toro used to be my favorite coaster, It is no longer in my top 20! To each their own, but The restraints are awful!

When I go to the ACE EVENT, Riding Of The Bulls, I ride it once, maybe twice, but usually once the entire day and go ride something else, even during ERT! Yeah, im fat and for that fact, its painful and I spend the entire ride time trying to breathe as they staple you to death! You should not be stapled in that badly, its like they are trying to kill me! So I stay off and let everybody have less wait time by me not riding lol THough I am down 25 pounds since the last even, last year, so maybe it will feel better, but doubtful!
  6. Sluggo77

Sluggo77

I hear you they are a painful experience for me too. If you read on other forums though the biggest complaint about Superman is the restraints as well. I’ve read a ton of complaints about it. Not saying they should be like Toro’s but they could be a whole lot better.
  7. Chase Hathorne

Chase Hathorne

If STR got Toro’s Lap bars there is not a steel coaster on earth that could beat it. Toros lap bars would be absolutely perfect for Superman. I think if they did that it would blow by Fury and MF for #1 (haven’t ridden MF but STR in its current state still completely turds on Fury imo). Odd I’ve never heard anyone complain about Toros restraints before.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. xsarabella

xsarabella

I don’t think it’s so much as El Toro’s restraints as it is the sensor the restraint has to meet for it to “lock” before the train can be dispatched. And as always, there are different seats on both trains where it’s inconsistent. I’ve had trouble myself on El Toro sitting in a different seat than earlier in the day. And I’ve heard other complain about the same thing. They are forced to do the walk of shame but earlier in the day they were able to ride. Maybe we ate too much of our dining plan at lunch? Lmao.

On Superman, I’ve never had a problem with the lap bar sensors, it’s the seatbelt length inconsistency that is the issue for me. So assigned seating was a big problem for me >(

Either way, El Toro is still #1 woodie, Superman is still #1 steel, and Superman is #1 overall but El Toro really is close. I hate having to chose.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Sluggo77

Sluggo77

^Drop the mic on every statement above!
    • Like Like x 1
  10. depotrat

depotrat

You nailed it! As I have gotten older, and am fighting the weight battle, STR is easier and more comfortable than ET. No walk of shame yet on either, but it is close at times. These two were 1 & 2 for years but Fury passed them. Still it would kill me to skip either due to restraints and thus far I haven't had to. I agree with Dr. though that the amount of stapling on ET is beyond anything really needed for safety.
  11. Dr. Gigglez

Fury doesn’t even crack my top 20 lol it’s over hyped snoozefest lol I prefer intimidator!

I love El Toro and once I drop some more weight then I’m sure stapling will be less, but nobody should be stapled that badly ! RMC trains are more comfy even when stapled !

I know the fat problem is mine, food is too damn good to pass up but I will keep working on loosing weight! El toro is really my only issue for coasters really !
  12. Chase Hathorne

Chase Hathorne

If you’re talking about the Carowinds Intimidator that’s a really bold statement. I agree Fury is overrated but calling that a snooze fest and Intimidator being better is pretty laughable because all Intimidator has is some ok floater, a ton of trims, and a whole lot of forcelessness
  13. Dr. Gigglez

For me Fury just doesn’t do it for me , it’s not intense enough! Is it the worst ride on the planet? No , but for me it’s not my favorite. To each their own I guess lol
  14. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

Word is the red train has been testing this past week. :)
    • Like Like x 3
  15. canobie#1

canobie#1

I have no problem with the toro restraints. Everyone I go with doesn’t seem to mind either.
    It’s the Superman restraints that suck.