1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Superman The Ride

Discussion in 'Ride Discussion' started by BizarroAj, Nov 2, 2015.

1. depotrat

depotrat

I agree with tge98. No excuse for not having the signature ride open and at full capacity on opening day. STR did not run during HITP. Even if they waited until after HITP they had 90 days to get both trains ready. It is their top ride and it should get priority.
    • Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2018 at 1:21 PM
  2. xsarabella

xsarabella

Everyone has their own opinion on it, but always try to remember that because we don’t work at the park, specifically in maintenance, we don’t always have all the information to make these judgements. It is annoying that the blue train isn’t running? Sure. But how do we know that this is the parks fault? Parts that may have been ordered could have been on backorder? Maybe the parts that were order were not correct in the shipment. Or possibly they were damaged upon arrival? Whatever the issue is, I’m sure it’s not the parks intention to not have both trains ready for opening. But let’s give this maintenance team some credit, they do a lot of things and they do it very well. I understand some are frustrated, but they could have just easily not opened the ride for Spring Break at all.
    • Like Like x 3
  3. mrceagle

mrceagle

Even if the train had been ready they wouldn't have run it. The park was dead. I waited 3 trains to get the front seat back car. I agree about it at east being ready but Superman did not suffer form not having it.
  4. canobie#1

canobie#1

The only thing that’s unacceptable is the way they treat the queue and station. It’s like they didn’t even check to see if it was clean and ready to go for the season.
    Look up and around you and you’ll understand what I’m saying.
    All over the park it’s just dirty and gross. There’s no excuse for that. If cedar fair can take care of their parks properly, Six flags should too.
    • Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018 at 10:08 AM
  5. mrceagle

mrceagle

That was the case for most of the park. the bumper cars have years of dust on them. The bumper car body I have in storage from Whalom is cleaner then the ones they operate.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. skiburkesurfjay

skiburkesurfjay

I can confirm this. I put my hand down on one of the cars last week to check how dusty they were, and my hand was covered in dirt. They only need to take less than 20 minutes to clean them all off..
    • Like Like x 1
  7. mrceagle

mrceagle

It was a big focus on my survey response to the park. If it seems nothing it done I'll go to customer service on my next trip.
  8. canobie#1

canobie#1

Yeah the bumper cars were just a disgrace.
    But Superman was looking like crap too.