1. If you are not signed in, some pictures may appear smaller than normal. You will have to sign in or register to see them fully. Sorry for the inconvenience.
  2. Fright Fest is happening on weekends through November 2. Check out our review for more information.

The Lakes opening day 2014

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by BizarroAj, May 10, 2014.

1. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Founder Staff Member

I arrived at 11 and the lot was pretty empty as well as the park, due to the threat of bad weather. The rain held off till around 4 so lots of rides to be had since everything was a walk on. Rode both woodies and they were both running great, wildcat is a lot better than past years with only a couple of minor rough spots that will be fixxed over the next few weeks. Pinks is still being finished and wasn't open yet and still a lot of work going on at the campground site. I rode everything except for thunder rapids and the sky ride(closed). I took a bunch of pics, enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The new Pinks
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Track work on Wildcat
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Crocodile cove
    [​IMG]

party patio
    [​IMG]

New Cabanas
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Seatbelts on Thunder & Lightning
    [​IMG]

New BD T-shirts $9.99
    [​IMG]

Bear Creek construction
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can see all the pics here: http://s280.photobucket.com/user/sros1fan/library/Lake Compounce opening day 2014?sort=3&page=1
  2. koasterkid

koasterkid

Awesome pics and report! I got a bunch of pics and ill post a report soon as well :D
  3. bizarrofanatic

bizarrofanatic

good ptr
  4. sfne13

sfne13

What's with the thunder and lightning seatbelts? Is it because people complained it was getting loose during the ride?
  5. koasterkid

koasterkid

Just more Texas Giant nonsense most likely. They really have no effect on the ride and are just peace of mind kinda like the B&M hypers that are getting seat belts. Infact, even if the restraint came up on T&L, I doubt that seat belt would have any impact.